Business Development Manager - Gaming
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, August 18, 2022
Animoca Brands, a Deloitte Tech Fast winner and ranked in the Financial Times list of High Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021, is a leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification that is working to advance digital property rights. It develops and publishes a broad portfolio of products including the REVV token and SAND token; original games including The Sandbox, Crazy Kings, and Crazy Defense Heroes; and products utilizing popular intellectual properties including Disney, WWE, Snoop Dogg, The Walking Dead, Power Rangers, MotoGP™, and Formula E. The company has multiple subsidiaries, including The Sandbox, Blowfish Studios, Quidd, GAMEE, nWay, Pixowl, Forj, Lympo, Grease Monkey Games, and Eden Games. Animoca Brands has a growing portfolio of more than 200 investments in NFT-related companies and decentralized projects that are contributing to building the open metaverse, including Axie Infinity, OpenSea, Dapper Labs (NBA Top Shot), Yield Guild Games, Harmony, Alien Worlds, Star Atlas, and others. For more information visit www.animocabrands.com or follow on Twitter or Facebook.
We are currently looking for a gaming focused Business Development Manager to join our growing Business Development team. This position will report to our Head of Business Development for New Ventures, and will be responsible for leading, driving, and providing support on BD initiatives focused on blockchain and Web3 gaming.
● Leading the charge alongside the Head of Business Development to scale gaming assets across several of our subsidiary brands
● Drive new blockchain partnerships spanning games, entertainment, sports, and other emerging verticals
● Define the value proposition, articulate the business case, and lead the strategic vision for each project from ideation to launch
● Collaborate closely with Project Management, Legal, Finance and other internal/external teams to ensure advocacy for partner requirements as well as internal needs
● Prospect and identify partners that are a good potential fit and proactively network to capitalise on opportunities
● Develop a keen understanding of blockchain trends and opportunities. Provide deep analysis of trends that will help us anticipate emerging opportunities
Requirements / Skill Sets:
● 3-5 years of business development experience in the consumer internet and/or blockchain industry
● Experience selling a technical product (ie. gaming technologies) is a plus
● Bachelor degree in any discipline. Master degree preferred
● Passion for blockchain and solid understanding of NFTs, DAOs, GameFi, DeFi, and other emerging trends
● Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment in the innovative and often-ambiguous field of blockchain
● Strong organisational skills and the ability to align a diverse group of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
● Results oriented
● Excellent verbal and written communication abilities in English is a must
- Dynamic and Multi-cultural work environment (15 nationalities and counting!)
- Token and NFT incentive schemes provided by Animoca Brands
- Flat company structure: your ideas get heard by the right people very quickly
- Casual work attire
- Opportunity to get involved in working with various subsidiary brands
- Benefits (Medical / Life / Transportation Allowances)
Personal Information Collection Statement:
Personal data provided by the Job Applicant will be used strictly in accordance with the Employer's Personal Data Policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon his/her request. All classified data will be treated confidentially within the Human Resources & Administration Department. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants may be retained for a period of up to 3 months.
See more open positions at Animoca Brands
Something looks off?