Product Director - Gaming
Posted on Thursday, December 1, 2022
Animoca Brands, a Deloitte Tech Fast winner and ranked in the Financial Times list of High Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021, is a leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification that is working to advance digital property rights. It develops and publishes a broad portfolio of products including the REVV token and SAND token; original games including The Sandbox, Crazy Kings, and Crazy Defense Heroes; and products utilizing popular intellectual properties including Disney, WWE, Snoop Dogg, The Walking Dead, Power Rangers, MotoGP™, and Formula E. The company has multiple subsidiaries, including The Sandbox, Blowfish Studios, Quidd, GAMEE, nWay, Pixowl, Forj, Lympo, Grease Monkey Games, and Eden Games. Animoca Brands has a growing portfolio of more than 200 investments in NFT-related companies and decentralized projects that are contributing to building the open metaverse, including Axie Infinity, OpenSea, Dapper Labs (NBA Top Shot), Yield Guild Games, Harmony, Alien Worlds, Star Atlas, and others. For more information visit www.animocabrands.com or follow on Twitter or Facebook.
We are looking for an experienced Product Director who wants to bring their experience to bear in the Web3 space to expand user experiences and redefine the games we play.
The successful candidate will have managed the development of games, end-to-end. From concept, to release and into live operations. They will know what it takes to build teams and manage them to deliver quality titles.
This person will have excellent product and project management experience, being able to lead teams, plan milestones, prioritise features, assign resources, allocate tasks, alongside maintaining and enhancing the central vision for multiple products. You will work directly with all members of the development teams: Product Managers, Producers, Engineers, Designers, Artists, QA and Marketing personnel, (both internal and external teams).
You will report directly to C-Level staff, and understand the importance of open communication, be able to convey current project status, but also come prepared with solutions, with an eye on always moving forward. You are flexible, able to adapt to moment-to-moment changes in a dynamic environment.
- Lead small, cross-functional teams consisting of talented and passionate developers, designers, artists and other engineers to ensure the smooth development of quality products
- Act as the thought leader and product owner for leading web3 gaming ecosystems, and help shape the tokenomics offering within these fully immersive environments
- Take ownership of all level design and planning phases of the product
- Manage the day-to-day, end-to-end development of projects - games and other apps
- Plan roadmaps, milestones, and project resource
- Communicate with department heads (e.g. engineering, art, QA) on what resources are needed to deliver
- Work with marketing to plan releases, marketing materials and content
- Work on with social media and communications teams to define social media presence and direction for managed titles
- Review analytics, and apply data lessons to improve products
- Pitch projects internally and to IP holders
- Conduct market research, and apply learnings to improve products or initiate the development of new opportunities
- Be familiar and sometimes hands-on with product and game design
- Plan and coordinate live events, and operations for games-as-a-service products.
Requirements / Skill Sets:
- An experienced producer or product manager with an understanding of the game development process. From initial work on a feature to release
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific expertise in compiling and summarising information from multiple sources
- End-to-end management of at least 2 titles
- Knowledge of all areas of software development or game development, including engineering, art, UI, UX and QA
- Understanding of marketing in relation to games and applicationsRunning of live-ops, post-release game/app updates
- Track record of delivering products on timeFamiliarity with resource and budget management, projection and allocation
- Manage or working with external, third-party development teams and studios
- A master of influence, helping others understand and become passionate about their work
- Experienced in using date and insights to inform planning and decision making
- A growth mindset, always learning and improving throughout their career
- A deep interest in Web3 and the development of the open metaverse
- Dynamic and Multi-cultural work environment (15 nationalities and counting!)
- Token and NFT incentive schemes provided by Animoca Brands
- Flat company structure: your ideas get heard by the right people very quickly
- Casual work attire
- Opportunity to get involved in working with various subsidiary brands
- Benefits (Medical / Life / Transportation Allowances)
Personal Information Collection Statement:
Personal data provided by the Job Applicant will be used strictly in accordance with the Employer's Personal Data Policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon his/her request. All classified data will be treated confidentially within the Human Resources & Administration Department. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants may be retained for a period of up to 3 months.
See more open positions at Animoca Brands
Something looks off?