Business Development Lead, Capital Markets
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are searching for a Business Development Lead to create our partnerships strategy, close deals, and manage partners to expand the Aptos network into large financial institutions that are looking to build new investment, banking, and lending products, such as tokenizing currently existing assets, creating new settlement rails, or hosting trades on the speedy Aptos network. As a lead, you will be responsible for scoping potential partners among banks, lenders, funds, investment managers, and brokers, building deep relationships at the executive level with these financial institutions, forming and executing our partnership strategy, building internal business cases, negotiating complex deals, and working cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders to further our mission. We are looking for someone who can exist comfortably among the ranks of traditional finance, but who can distill the problems they discover in those ranks into guidance for our product and engineering teams to turn into new products on our network that can help solve those problems.
What you'll be doing:
- Research financial services companies that are interested in bringing crypto and web3 services into new products and features and choose the best partners for our project
- Developing and closing large, notable partner opportunities that will advance our mission
- Provide a strategic perspective to product and engineering teams, delivering critical business insights and launching initiatives that impact the market
- Work alongside other partnership leads to develop a comprehensive set of partners needed for our network
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience working in partnerships, business development, or similar roles at high-growth technology companies
- Experience working with commercial agreements, including creating and negotiating agreements outside of standard sales contracts
- Experience partnering with technical teams, lawyers, and marketers
- Experience in and strong market knowledge of the blockchain & crypto industry preferred
- Experience developing and closing partner opportunities across financial institutions that work in capital markets
- A deep and relevant network with industry leaders across capital markets
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- MBA or JD preferred
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents (US Employees)
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching (US Employees)
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.