Software Engineer, Blockchain Core
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
As part of the Blockchain team, you will be responsible for building the most production-grade L1 for everyone. You will work on initiatives from performance, reliability, scalability, decentralization, and incentives to enable the many safe and scalable applications to thrive. These projects will have an emphasis on quality, safety, and interoperability with other Aptos tools. The scope, as it currently stands, is open-ended, but some projects will be likely from the following areas: governance, tokenomics, decentralized finance, games, social.
What you'll be doing:
- Design core, backend software components, and code primarily using Rust that support a blockchain and its ecosystem of systems
- Use extensive experience to build, test, debug, and deploy large-scale decentralized systems across thousands of nodes
- Work with file systems, execution engines, programming language design, and consensus protocols to complete complex engineering challenges such as scaling up performance and reducing transaction latency
- Develop and maintain high-quality software engineering practices and principles in a highly visible open-source project
What we're looking for:
- 3 years (ideally 5+ years) of experience as a hands-on software engineer
- Expertise in networking, consensus protocols, parallel execution, storage, authenticated data structures, and/or caching
- Experience with a low-level programming language such as Rust, Go, Swift, or C/C++
The base salary range for this full-time position is $180k - $300k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents (US Employees)
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching (US Employees)
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.