Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated product designer to join our team of talented developers and designers on a mission to make our products more accessible, simple, and secure.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with product and engineering to craft the experience for one of our core consumer product verticals (e.g. our wallet).
- Leading design projects across an entire product lifecycle and multiple launches.
- Owning the end-to-end design journey from ideation to prototyping, UI/UX, user testing and crafting production-ready designs.
- Partnering closely with engineering, product and business teams to find refined, practical and desirable solutions to design challenges.
Listening to users to develop the right product strategy and experiences that solve user problems and delight our customers.Organize and drive design workshops and sprints to help drive the north star vision of the product or product vertical and inform the longer-term roadmap and strategy.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years design experience as a product designer, working on consumer-facing mobile and web applications.
- Proven experience working with product and engineering teams to ship successful products.
- Portfolio that showcases a mastery in visual and interaction design as well as a love and care for craft.
- Experience developing prototypes and demos.
- Expert level skills in Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and/or interest in Web3.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $143k - $181k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents (US Employees)
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching (US Employees)
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.