Office and Internal Events Manager
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Office Manager to oversee our Palo Alto office. The successful candidate will manage the office's day-to-day operations while providing internal event support in collaboration with our People team.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee daily administrative and operational duties in the office
- Manage the office budget and ensure that expenses are within the budget
- Receive and sort incoming mail and support with any outgoing mail
- Identify and develop new office policies/procedures and ensure they are implemented and adopted to ensure efficient and effective office operations
- Ensure that all office equipment is properly maintained and serviced, and order supplies as needed
- Manage office vendors and act as the point of contact by providing on-site support as needed
- Support internal events by planning, tracking the budget, and owning the logistics (sourcing a venue, booking transportation, obtaining room blocks, securing supplies, being the main point of contact for vendors, etc.)
- Provide on-site support for new hires on their first day
- Support the People Ops team with onboarding new employees, provision security badges, and provide access to our office-related platforms
- Collaborate with the People Ops team in developing smooth and automated processes to help our team scale
What we’re looking for:
- Ability and strong personal preference to work in-office 4-5 days per week
- Proven experience as an office manager
- Has an eye for design and detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive information
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Google Suite, Printful, Robin (or equivalent), and able to use tech as a tool to scale impact
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
Ability to work autonomously and take initiative
The base salary range for this full-time position is $80,000 - $120,000. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents (US Employees)
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching (US Employees)
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.