Product Designer, Visual
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About the role:
We are seeking a full-time visual designer to join our talented developers and designers on a mission to make our products more accessible, simple, and secure.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with product, product design, brand, and engineering to build out the visual language for multiple products across Aptos Labs
- Craft original visual designs and brand systems that are informed by strategy and research
- Develop custom illustrations, icons, animations for each product
- Look for areas to inject the brand identity for each product and add moments of delight or mitigate less happy paths.
- Own the creation and maintenance of our visual identity across multiple UI libraries
- QA work to ensure designs and creative is polished and up to a high standard
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years visual design experience
- Expertise in design software, including Illustrator, Figma, Lottie, etc.
- Highly conceptual thinking in visual and interaction design, which shows in your portfolio
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of consistency, typography, color, design systems, and attention to detail
- Experience in animation and motion design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
The base salary range for this full-time position is $130k - $220k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents (US Employees)
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching (US Employees)
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.