Korea Ecosystem Lead
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
As Korea Ecosystem Lead for Aptos, you will help shape and deliver on a strategy for Aptos to build mind share and broad use of its blockchain among startups and developers in South Korea. You will support the team in better understanding the Korean developer landscape, digging deep to bring data and insight to light that will enable the growth of Aptos’ ecosystem in the region.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop the ecosystem strategy for Korea and ensure the growth and success of new and existing Web3 partnerships
- Attract external development teams to build in the Aptos ecosystem to accelerate adoption of the Aptos blockchain
- Connect projects to the right resources at the right time to help them execute and scale at record speeds
- Support our incentive and community programs, including our ecosystem fund and grant program, including meeting with developers in the community, reviewing grant proposals and monitoring projects post-funding
- Jointly develop co-marketing campaigns for ecosystem projects that can effectively leverage and contribute to global marketing and partnerships
- Connect the dots and leverage connections for teams, including introductions between technical and entrepreneurial talent, recruiting, capital introductions, etc.
- Create scalable forms of support that the Aptos Foundation can offer and methods for delivering such support in a frictionless manner
- Participate in Aptos-hosted and attended events to run the Foundation’s on-site presence in Korea and help ecosystem partners navigate opportunities with the Foundation
- Grow Move developer community in the region by curating developer tutorials, materials in local languages
- Understand and stay up-to-date on industry trends and developments
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience working with start-ups and/or scale-ups with notable experience in Web3 business development or marketing
- A passion and deep understanding for web3 ecosystems and knowledge of the current Layer 1 landscape
- Resourcefulness and the ability to bring creative, data-driven solutions to every problem and never see a challenge as a dead end
- Strong understanding of blockchain ecosystems and the app landscape within Aptos and elsewhere
- Passion for startups –understanding of how startups operate and the unique characteristics of startup ecosystems and communities
- Some relevant business level technical knowledge (fundamentals of blockchain and web3, with the ability to differentiate between Aptos and other blockchains)
- Analytical ability to set and assess success metrics/KPIs on a per project basis
- Ability to communicate Aptos’ value proposition to startups and developers
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation)
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity and a knack for quickly ramping on new skills and functions.
- Self-starter and independent mindset, you are driven to create impact in the organization
- Excellent Korean and English written and oral communication skills
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents (US Employees)
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching (US Employees)
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.