Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
Ava Labs is looking for a motivated and hard-working Financial Analyst to be an integral member of the finance team and drive budgeting, forecasting, reporting and strategic support for the organization. This person will work closely with teams across Ava Labs as well as with senior management.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drive budgeting and forecasting for Ava Labs and the Avalanche Foundation
- Track business performance against operating plans and provide monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date variance analysis for management and business leads, including identifying any trends or areas of risks and opportunities
- Assist in preparation of management desks
- Continuously focus on enhancing forecast methodology and accuracy as well as increasing efficiency through process automation
- Responsible for performing ad hoc financial analyses
- Advise on P&L impacts of partnership, new product and other strategic opportunities
- Establish business relationships across the organization and serve as a strategic thought partner with cross functional teams
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics or relevant field (MBA a plus)
- 4+ years of experience in FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking
- 2+ years in a startup environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and financial modeling skills
- Proficient in Google Suites
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, particularly the ability to explain complex concepts to non-financial audiences
- Must possess a high level of integrity and demonstrate a strong ethical character in all professional and personal interactions
- Self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and a willingness to take initiative to identify areas for process improvement and drive results.
- Willing to take a hands-on approach and get involved in all aspects of the job
- Passion for crypto/web3 and eagerness to consume latest news and developments
Base Salary Range: $84,000 - $126,000
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?