Staff Virtual Machine Engineer
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Extend the Avalanche Primary Network to make deploying and interacting with Subnets simpler and more accessible
- Design powerful abstractions over the EVM such that its core components can be independently deployed, optimized, and better adapted to Avalanche
- Write and maintain low-level libraries that Custom Virtual Machines can use to communicate with AvalancheGo
Here are some specific examples of projects you could contribute to:
- Make P-Chain uptime voting more scalable using BLS Multi-Signatures
- Transition Subnets to use dynamic fees to price Subnet registration
- Augment the security of Permissionless Subnets with Avalanche
- Enable Cross-Subnet Communication across the Avalanche Network using Avalanche Warp Messaging
You can view a full list of the projects we are working on here: https://github.com/orgs/ava-labs/projects/23
WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD FIT
- You believe in a future where blockchain technologies make the world a more fair and free place for everyone.
- You have the desire to work on open-source code and engage with the community. You wish to work together with other talented contributors instead of working alone.
- You are a coder. You prefer implementing a proof-of-concept before writing a multi-page technical document.
- You create and find projects that provide value. You don’t need to wait for someone to tell you what to research or work on.
- You have an obsession with code quality and performance. You ship code when it is ready, not as soon as it passes unit tests.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Demonstrated capability in subject area (open source code or published work is a bonus)
- Golang or Rust programming experience
Salary Range: $190,400 to $238,000
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.