Senior Compliance Manager
BIT is a secure high-performance cryptocurrency derivatives exchange offering perpetual swaps, futures, options and spot trading. Powered by Matrixport, Asia’s fastest growing digital assets financial services platform, BIT is the second-largest cryptocurrency option marketplace in terms of trading volume and open interest. The exchange provides institutional-grade security and risk management features that ensures a superior trading experience leveraging best-in-class liquidity.
WHY JOIN US
At BIT, we want everyone in our team to do something with a purpose and be a part of the future that will shape how people are dealing with their finances in Crypto and Blockchain. You will be immersed in a fast moving, challenging environment and will be facing unique business problems across an International, diverse work environment with great career development opportunities in a growing company. We seek the passionate and the courageous who can imbue their expertise into the crypto community and build a better platform for the next generation of crypto traders.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Act as an adviser to the Company’s Board of Directors and Senior Management on general compliance, regulatory, financial crime and data protection matters.
- Draft and implement policies, SOPs, systems, and internal controls for regulatory compliance programs to ensure licensing commitments and obligations are fulfilled.
- Ensure policies and procedures comply with relevant regulations and that they are adequately maintained and documented.
- Review and advise on areas of regulatory change and applicable best practice in the region and update relevant manuals and procedures as necessary.
- Manage and enhance the compliance and financial crime framework.
- Work with internal teams to enhance policies, procedures and to create effective monitoring of controls.
- Conducting quarterly compliance monitoring and performing regular surveillance activities, reporting the Board and senior management on the appropriateness and effectiveness of the Firm’s systems and controls, and implementing any required enhancements.
- Conduct periodic company-wide AML risk assessment and AML policy review, including ongoing assessments.
- Maintain close liaison with the relevant regulatory bodies and obtain any necessary licenses, consents, make ad hoc notifications, file periodic regulatory returns and providing information upon request.
- Design and deliver staff training and internal briefings to ensure that the Firm and its staff comply with applicable legislations, topics may include but not limited to regulatory changes/developments and their impact on their firm.
- Build strong regulatory relationship with all respective regulatory bodies and championing the adoption of best industry standards.
- Provide sound, coherent and commercially minded advice and compliance support on all matters relating to BIT’s activities.
- Review all data protection frameworks and policies and update where applicable.
- Respond to data subject queries and act as the point of contact for all data protection queries internally and externally.
- Bachelor degree or above in Law, Accounting, Finance, Business or related disciplines
- At least five years of relevant compliance / AML experience from crypto, fintech, payment companies or financial institutions
- Strong understanding of local regulations and compliance requirements
- Strong interest in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team-player who is detail-minded, self-driven and independent
- Willing and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment and assume responsibilities with a result-driven attitude
- Creative thinker and proactive problem solver
- A positive, “can do” attitude
- Industry recognised compliance, financial crime and/or data protection qualification preferred (e.g. ACAMS / ICA / CIPT / CIPP / ISEB)