Senior Software Engineer, Testing - Remote
At Cboe Global Markets, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving associates a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
Please note: We are open to remote candidates with Kansas City preferred.
What We Do
We develop, automate and support continuously running tests for our real-time systems. Our team combines the best practices of DevOps and QA to enable frequent and fast delivery of high-quality software. We care deeply about system reliability, testability, recoverability and fault tolerance.
Our QA engineers have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, programming, and software engineering. We are analytical thinkers. We are always developing and improving our craft. If it’s broken, we fix it. If it needs refactoring, we refactor it. If it’s hard to test, we make it testable. We love automation. We ship code weekly. We’re looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
As a senior member of the Cboe QA development team, you’ll plan and lead testing efforts, review code, and contribute to new tools and testing techniques. You’ll contribute to the design and development of our world-class, home-grown, testing framework. You’ll also work alongside our team of developers contributing tests for our Exchange Platforms. Become familiar with our supported asset classes such as equities, options, and futures. Learn trading concepts and apply this knowledge to develop a wide variety of test scenarios.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another related field.
- At least three years QA experience is required, with recent and demonstrable experience creating automated test cases, and coding and enhancing test frameworks. Experience with continuous integration systems is a plus.
- Strong experience in object-oriented design and programming techniques. The successful candidate should have Python development experience (or some other language, with a strong desire to learn Python). Working knowledge of other dynamic scripting languages is a plus.
- SQL experience (PostgreSQL or other variety) is necessary.
- Working knowledge of Linux and experience with MS Windows and Office tools.
- Experience with the complete software development life cycle and QA processes in an Agile environment.
- Experience in the financial markets is a plus.
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal days, sick days and annual community service days
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work
- Health, dental and vision benefits, including access to telemedicine and mental health services
- 2:1 401(k) match, up to 8% match immediately upon hire
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tax Savings Accounts for health, dependent and transportation
- Employee referral bonus program
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
Some of our associates’ favorite benefits and perks include:
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and coffee in any Cboe office
- Paid Tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Paid parental leave and fertility benefits
- On-site gyms and discounts to other fitness centers
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.