Manager - Linux Operations
Building trusted markets —powered by our people.
At Cboe Europe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving associates a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
The Linux team is hiring for Manager – Linux Operations.
The Manager – Linux Operations at Cboe will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Linux system operations, including scheduled maintenance, support tickets, break/fix and troubleshooting, monitoring and alerting, as well as managing a cross-regional team in North America and Europe. Additionally, expertise in server hardware and SAN technologies is crucial for this role. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background, exceptional leadership skills, and a deep understanding of Linux systems. The Linux Operations Manager will play a critical role in ensuring the stability, performance, and security of our Linux infrastructure and managing smooth hand-offs to other regions.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Manage and provide leadership to a cross-regional team of Linux administrators and engineers, ensuring efficient operations and effective communication across multiple time zones.
- Oversee and coordinate scheduled maintenance activities across regions, ensuring minimal impact on business operations and timely completion of tasks.
- Handle support tickets and manage hand-offs between regions, prioritizing tasks and allocating resources to ensure prompt resolution of issues and excellent customer service.
- Lead the troubleshooting and break/fix efforts to quickly resolve any Linux-related incidents, minimizing downtime and impact to the organization across regions.
- Implement and maintain robust monitoring and alerting systems across regions to proactively identify and address potential system issues, including performance bottlenecks and security vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with other teams, such as DevOps and Security, to ensure seamless integration of Linux systems and adherence to organizational standards and policies across regions.
- Maintain a deep understanding of server hardware and SAN technologies, providing guidance and expertise to ensure optimal system performance and storage management.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and best practices in Linux system administration, security, server hardware, and SAN technologies, and evaluate their applicability to the organization's infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain operational documentation, including standard operating procedures (SOPs), runbooks, and knowledge base articles, to facilitate efficient operations and knowledge sharing within the team across regions.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, provide feedback, and support the professional development of team members across regions.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement changes to enhance operational efficiency, system performance, and user experience across regions.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of five years of technical management experience, preferably in a Linux operations role.
- Strong technical background in Linux system administration, including experience with various Linux distributions (e.g., Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu) and related technologies (e.g., Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Docker).
- Proven experience managing a team of Linux administrators and engineers, including performance evaluations, coaching, and career development.
- Demonstrated experience managing cross-regional teams, preferably in a Linux operations role, with a strong understanding of the challenges and considerations associated with coordinating activities across different time zones and regions.
- Solid understanding of server hardware, including experience with server provisioning, hardware troubleshooting, and capacity planning.
- Proficiency in SAN (Storage Area Network) technologies, such as Fibre Channel and iSCSI, including experience with SAN configuration, zoning, and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP) and experience with network troubleshooting tools.
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting tools (e.g., Nagios, Zabbix, Prometheus) and proficiency in interpreting system logs and performance metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyze complex issues and provide effective solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Professional certifications, such as RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer) or LPIC (Linux Professional Institute Certification), are a plus.
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Comprehensive private medical insurance for employees and their families which includes dental cover (taxable benefit)
- Cboe pays for employee access to a private GP service (face to face or phone call consultations) to make it easy and convenient for you to see a doctor
- Life and long term illness insurance for stability and peace of mind
- EAP - This service intends to help employees deal with personal problems that might adversely impact their work performance, health and well-being. This service includes short- term counselling and referral services for employees and their immediate family.
- Enhanced paid parental and adoption leave to support parents
- Cboe offers pensions contribution up to 7% of base salary. You don’t have to contribute yourself.
- ClassPass Corporate Membership which provides access to on-demand classes, livestream classes, in-person classes and wellness sessions across different fitness genres. (taxable benefit)
- 25 days holiday per year per holiday year for full time employees, increasing with length of service at a rate of one extra day per completed years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and drinks in any Cboe office
- Paid tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
More About Cboe Europe
We’re reimagining the future of the workplace by focusing on what matters most, our people. Our journey is an inclusive one. We’re investing deeply in leadership programs and career development initiatives that ensure everyone has an equal chance to succeed. We celebrate the diversity in our communities, inside and out, and welcome new perspectives with equity, inclusion and belonging.
We work with purpose, solving problems with ingenuity, collaboration, and a lot of passion. We’re an engaged and excited team connecting markets across borders and embracing growth in all its forms to achieve incredible outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age and disability
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.