Derivatives Coverage Intern
Who We Are
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy through work that invites connection. Our people power our trusted markets and in turn, we power them through robust benefits, perks and a company culture that prioritizes connection, collaboration and inclusivity. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
Our Internship Program
Cboe interns work with a variety of staff across multiple departments and have the opportunity to put their skills to work in their field of interest, while learning about Exchange technology and operations through our robust Options Institute courses. The three main foundational pillars of our internship program are: develop, educate and network. We want to ensure each of our interns receive a real-world working experience that encourages academic, professional and personal growth. Candidates should be versatile, eager and able to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive financial and technical environment. Our internship program runs from June to August.
This intern will assist the Derivatives Account Coverage team with day-to-day tasks which may include customer service-related tasks including data research, communicating details from trade desk notices and other venue quality information. You will also work closely with other interns (Market Data, Data & Analytics, Futures, Market Structure, Trading Floor, etc.) to find solutions to meet customer demands.
At a high level, the Derivatives coverage role is responsible for maintaining a strong working relationship between member firms and the end users that leads to order flow being executed on exchange. by performing various associated activities. This coverage job includes maintaining relationships with Sell Side firms, IDBs (?), floor brokers, proprietary firms and institutions.
- Develop knowledge of competing exchanges and products. Work with Markets and Derivatives Strategy team to improve Cboe’s value proposition compared to other exchange products.
- Identify product use cases and target audience; work collaboratively with internal business units, e.g., Marketing, Sales, Options Institute, Product Dev., etc. to achieve desired results.
- Partnering with internal colleagues (Market Data, Data & Analytics, Futures, Market Structure, Business Development and Technology , etc.) to offer the full product suite and elevate the Cboe brand.
- Attend internal and external meetings and conference calls to support Account Coverage team efforts to sell current and new products.
- Develop an understanding of pricing and exchange fee schedule and active engagement with clients in order to solicit feedback and determine impact of proposed changes.
- Increase product knowledge across market structure, matching engine, order types, offerings and asset classes.
- Active engagement and development of market structure knowledge, through collaboration with market structure team.
- Aggregate and categorize client feedback and deliver to coverage team and management for purposes of improving our products and end user experience. Analyze client activity and industry data to identify commercial opportunities.
- Support the groups distribution efforts by using and administering internal software to manage client data and track internal metrics (Salesforce, Tableau, organization charts).
- Data mining to develop target lists for outreach campaigns.
- Populate contact details in target lists for automating lead generation programs.
- Schedules, arranges and conducts functions that acquaint Cboe staff with member firm order flow providers.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, work well on a team or on your own, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, and customer service skills
- Must be able to commute to Chicago, IL office location on a regular basis
- Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, or related field with a strong interest in the financial markets.
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ Monthly work from home stipend
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide (main U.S. locations: Chicago, Kansas City, New York)
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.