Product Development Intern - Digital
Who We Are
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy through work that invites connection. Our people power our trusted markets and in turn, we power them through robust benefits, perks and a company culture that prioritizes connection, collaboration and inclusivity. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
The Product team at Cboe Digital is looking for an intern to assist the team with the responsibilities and documentation of our product suite. The intern will learn about the lifecycle of new and existing products across Clearing, Exchange, FCM and Intermediary services, and Data Analytics. To demonstrate comprehension, the intern will be expected to create clear, concise, and accurate documentation for technical offerings including user manuals, product FAQs, and API docs. The intern will shadow different silos of the Product team and aggregate their knowledge to form a scalable documentation solution that will be referred to in the future.
- Acquire knowledge about our products and be able to explain them clearly and document them
- Learn about the competitor landscape and regulation
- Help identify gaps or present new ideas that would enhance our offering
- Study the product lifecycle including requirements, implementation, and QA
- Attend daily standup with engineering and regular meetings with product, market ops and clearing ops to be informed of issues
- Be aware of day to day business and factors affecting trading and clearing activity
- Help produce marketing and training material, attend conferences and represent our brand.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in a related field (i.e. computer science, software engineering, or financial engineering)
- Strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to write clearly and concisely for a technical audience
- Familiarity with software engineering or previous coding experience (preferably in Python)
- Proficiency with software development and product development processes (i.e. Git, Jira, Confluence
- Passionate about technology, asset management and investing. Experience or familiarity with the crypto ecosystem is a plus.
- Must be able to commute to Chicago, IL office location on a regular basis
Our Internship Program
Cboe interns work with a variety of staff across multiple departments and have the opportunity to put their skills to work in their field of interest, while learning about Exchange technology and operations through our robust Options Institute courses. The three main foundational pillars of our internship program are: develop, educate and network. We want to ensure each of our interns receive a real-world working experience that encourages academic, professional and personal growth. Candidates should be versatile, eager and able to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive financial and technical environment. Our internship program runs from June to August.
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide (main U.S. locations: Chicago, Kansas City, New York)
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.