Regulatory Software Engineer QA Intern
Who We Are
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy through work that invites connection. Our people power our trusted markets and in turn, we power them through robust benefits, perks and a company culture that prioritizes connection, collaboration and inclusivity. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
Our Internship Program
Cboe interns work with a variety of staff across multiple departments and have the opportunity to put their skills to work in their field of interest, while learning about Exchange technology and operations through our robust Options Institute courses. The three main foundational pillars of our internship program are: develop, educate and network. We want to ensure each of our interns receive a real-world working experience that encourages academic, professional and personal growth. Candidates should be versatile, eager and able to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive financial and technical environment. Our internship program runs from June to August.
The successful candidate will design, develop and monitor systems or data analysis applications, based on the trading & market activities, for internal company or external market regulations compliance or investigative purposes. The position includes design & development in data processing, rules engine, RDBMS, and scripting technologies on the back-end. This opportunity requires an individual to have strong problem solving, data analysis, and software systems design skills.
- Working with end-users to gather and define/refine functional requirements
- Producing project documentation – high-level charter, functional requirements, technical design and test documents
- Designing, coding, testing and implementing data processing, rules engine, database, and scripting surveillance applications
- Collaborating and coordinating with various systems groups for new application development, problem troubleshooting and systems maintenance
- Working as a team/project lead or individual team contributor or individual ownership role flexibly based on the project needs
- Mentoring/Guiding new or less experienced/knowledgeable team members
- Researching or evaluating software/tools and alternate design techniques for new or existing system improvements
- Providing on-going application support to end-users and communicating technical information clearly to an end-user audience
- Proven experience with the below technologies:
- Experience with Python or experience in another language with a strong desire to learn Python.
- Experience with Java or experience in another language with a strong desire to learn Java.
- Experience with Linux or UNIX-like operating systems and knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Experience with Hadoop and/or SQL desirable.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with AWS technology is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and have ability to work independently as well as part of a team, requiring minimal direction and follow-up
- Experience in financial, trading, exchange, banking and/or related fields is a plus
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.