Software Engineer Intern
Who We Are
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy through work that invites connection. Our people power our trusted markets and in turn, we power them through robust benefits, perks and a company culture that prioritizes connection, collaboration and inclusivity. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
Our Internship Program
Cboe interns work with a variety of staff across multiple departments and have the opportunity to put their skills to work in their field of interest, while learning about Exchange technology and operations through our robust Options Institute courses. The three main foundational pillars of our internship program are: develop, educate and network. We want to ensure each of our interns receive a real-world working experience that encourages academic, professional and personal growth. Candidates should be versatile, eager and able to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive financial and technical environment. Our internship program runs from June to August.
Cboe is looking for a Software Engineering Intern who is looking for a new challenge in the financial technology services industry. CBOE/Hanweck operates a large-scale data environment with petabytes of market and analytic data, and generates real-time data in time-frames from milliseconds to minutes. This is an opportunity to work within a team of people with experience in financial markets, computer and data science, and with a keen interest in discovering new sources of information for financial markets.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and implement quantitative software applications to process and analyze real-time financial market data in a high-performance computing environment
- Maintain and optimize existing software applications, and recommend and implement improvements
- Write technical specifications, project plans, and technical documentation; translate business requirements into functional specifications and project plans
- Regular communication with management and technical colleagues
- Processing, collecting and analyzing financial market data, including high frequency real-time pricing data and reference data
- Monitor and improve the quality of analytical data generated from our applications; develop/work with reference data team to add or modify reference data sources
- Work with product managers and business development team to write documentation, technical specifications, project plans and sales material for our data and applications
Education: Working toward BA/BS in STEM field
- STEM background with an interest in financial markets, derivatives pricing, quantitative modeling, and risk analytics.
- Must have strong programming skills in C++ and/or Java; functional programming skills in SQL; working knowledge of R, Python/NumPy, MatLab, or similar language for working with data and performing scientific computing is a plus. Programming in CUDA is a plus.
- Financial markets experience a plus (market data, reference data, risk).
- Strong Linux background a plus.
- Strong ability to work within a global team, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
At Cboe there is tremendous potential to learn, grow and seek advancement, while also contributing to policies, decisions, and the direction of the company. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefits, and provide a highly open, honest, and fun work environment.
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ Monthly work from home stipend
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide (main U.S. locations: Chicago, Kansas City, New York)
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting hourly for this role is between $30-39/hr. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.