Derivatives Strategy Intern
Who We Are
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy through work that invites connection. Our people power our trusted markets and in turn, we power them through robust benefits, perks and a company culture that prioritizes connection, collaboration and inclusivity. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
Our Internship Program
Cboe interns work with a variety of staff across multiple departments and have the opportunity to put their skills to work in their field of interest, while learning about Exchange technology and operations through our robust Options Institute courses. The three main foundational pillars of our internship program are: develop, educate and network. We want to ensure each of our interns receive a real-world working experience that encourages academic, professional and personal growth. Candidates should be versatile, eager and able to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive financial and technical environment. Our internship program runs from June to August.
About Cboe and Multi-Asset Solutions (MAS)
As one of the world’s prominent exchange operators, Cboe offers cutting edge trading products and solutions for investors around the world. There are immersive career development opportunities within the Multi-Asset Solutions (MAS) group on both the Derivatives Strategy and Options Institute teams. Interns at Cboe are expected to make an immediate impact by applying strong problem-solving skills, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for simplifying complex topics. Candidates will become an integral part of furthering our mission: To operate a trusted, inclusive, global marketplace, providing leading products, technology and data solutions that enable participants to define a sustainable financial future.
MAS: Derivatives Strategy
Derivatives Strategy drives growth in Cboe’s expansive suite of derivatives products by creating innovative new products and enhancing existing offerings. Our mission is to maintain Cboe’s leadership position for institutional derivatives trading, and to create easy-to-adopt products that increase access to exchange-listed derivatives.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Build analytical frameworks, develop financial models, and conduct complex data analysis; utilize technical and quantitative techniques to support and develop new product ideas.
- Conduct product research and development through data analysis and by synthesizing results with market intelligence and product information.
- Gain in-depth exposure to Cboe’s various products and services while working on projects that impact multiple areas of the business.
- Lead, design, and implement an independent project to develop product knowledge and project management skills. There will be an opportunity to present this project to Cboe leadership and Derivatives Strategy teammates.
What we’re looking for:
- Pursuing a degree in Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Data Science, or other technical related majors
- Knowledge, interest or desire to learn about global financial markets with an emphasis on derivatives
- Innovative problem solver, able to quickly identify and understand issues and drive towards effective resolution
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and coding skills, particularly in Python, SQL, or other languages conducive to data science research
- Resourceful self-starter, ability to work autonomously and as a team player
- Demonstrate a strong ability to learn quickly and become knowledge resource for unfamiliar topics
- Perform a wide variety of tasks simultaneously; change focus quickly as demands change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to simplify concepts and messages to the essential components and deliver effective messages to a range of audience
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.