Cyber and Information Security Governance Intern
Building trusted markets —powered by our people.
Cboe Clear Europe is a systemically important financial institution, providing post-trade services to stock exchanges, multilateral trading facilities, other equities trading platforms and for OTC equities trades. Headquartered in Amsterdam, we service trading platforms and we have clearing participants with headquarters in 14 jurisdictions in Europe, North America and Asia.
Cboe Clear Europe is a relatively small, very dynamic and fast-growing organization. The culture is international and progressive with a focus on collaboration and teamwork. Cboe Clear Europe has been acquired by Cboe Global Markets in July 2020 and together we are shaping our future.
Our Internship Program
Cboe Clear Europe interns work with a variety of associates across multiple departments and have the opportunity to put their skills to work in their field of interest, while learning about Exchange technology and operations through our robust Options Institute courses. The three main foundational pillars of our internship program are: develop, educate and network. We want to ensure each of our interns receive a real-world working experience that encourages academic, professional and personal growth. Candidates should be versatile, eager and able to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive financial and technical environment.
This is full year program designed to engage you in day-to-day activities and projects contributing towards our team and corporate goals scheduled to begin in the latter part of September and last through full year. You will also apply what you have learned in the educational offerings to actual business situations.
The Security and Information Security (C&IS) Intern position includes exposure to areas of governance such as vendor management, cyber risk management, and policy and procedures. C&IS Governance interns work on a range of tasks the governance team is involved in. Interns will gain a variety of hands-on experience in all areas of security governance and user/identity access management (U/IAM). Interns will interact with members of the regional C&IS and Global Cyber Security Team, along with other delegated tasks to triage and solve problems.
The ideal candidate will be an undergraduate student with a strong technology emphasis, majoring in Information Security, Cyber Security, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience related to these fields. The candidate must have a passion for learning and enthusiasm for cyber security. This candidate should also have base knowledge of:
- Basic security concepts and best practices
- Common security threats and vulnerabilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Solid communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- The ability to be coachable and learn
The intern have the option to present a final report or complete a project tailored as much as possible to their area of interest.
- Update policies, procedures and methodologies to improve governance processes Develop policies in line with ISO 27001/27002/27005 and IT security risk frameworks such as the NIST Cybersecurity framework
- Assist the C&IS Governance team with day-to-day activities
- Assist with user awareness program to ensure Cboe Clear associates have appropriate knowledge to detect and report phishing and other malicious cyber attempts
- Assist in third party vendor monitoring and (third party) security risk assessments
- Support the organization with developing policies, assessing risk against EMIR, SOX and other regulations, and ensuring that the organization is able to effectively manage its risk in line with its risk profile
- Support User Access Management (UAM) improvement initiatives and provide guidance for observing best practices throughout the joiner, mover, leaver processes
- Support in performing User Access Control reviews, streamlining access controls reviews, and tracking and reporting results
- Follow up key security risk indicators to detect when cyber security risks are about to materialize
- Analyze operational incidents and perform risk analyses
- Prepare security reporting tailored to the relevant audience
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and emerging threats to information security
You’ll really stand out with:
- Risk-based mindset: Cyber and information security initiatives are influenced by numerous factors, so being able to filter out the noise and effectively prioritize risks to address them is important
- Regulatory knowledge: An understanding of laws and regulations, and industry leading frameworks that are applicable to Fin-Tech organization like Cboe Clear, and ability to translate them into business context
- Technical proficiency: Working knowledge of firewall technologies, email gateways and cloud technologies, as well as TCP/IP and networking fundamentals
- Attention to detail: Being able to apply a keen eye to your tasks, such as risk assessment, security reporting, policy and procedure updates, and access control reviews
- Proactive attitude: Actively and independently following up with your team and other stakeholders on outstanding issues and ensuring that they are addressed in a timely manner. At Cboe Clear, you are empowered to bring about change and facilitate continuous improvement in cyber security
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.