Sr Linux Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use the latest in systems management techniques to develop, test, and deploy configuration changes globally.
- Reduce administrative overhead wherever possible, an "automate everything" attitude.
- Identify key performance and capacity metrics and build scalable monitoring systems.
- Play a lead role in several R&D efforts and evaluate emerging technologies.
- Work closely with development teams on capacity scaling and performance tuning.
- Ensure Linux systems are adequately hardened and meet our security requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ten years of experience managing a large 24x7 enterprise environment (hundreds of servers, multiple sites).
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel (scheduling, networking, I/O, monitoring).
- Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates).
- Strong understanding of software engineering (design, testing, version control) and experience in two of: Python/Ruby/C/C++.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools (Terraform/Pulumi).
- Familiarity with containers, and image development.
- Highly methodical and analytical approach to problem solving and evaluating technologies.
- Dedication to quality and attention to detail.
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting base salary for this role is $108,000-$178,200. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.