Operations Support Center (OSC) Intern
Who We Are
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy through work that invites connection. Our people power our trusted markets and in turn, we power them through robust benefits, perks and a company culture that prioritizes connection, collaboration and inclusivity. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
Our Internship Program
Cboe interns work with a variety of staff across multiple departments and have the opportunity to put their skills to work in their field of interest, while learning about Exchange technology and operations through our robust Options Institute courses. The three main foundational pillars of our internship program are: develop, educate and network. We want to ensure each of our interns receive a real-world working experience that encourages academic, professional and personal growth. Candidates should be versatile, eager and able to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive financial and technical environment. Our internship program runs from June to August.
Cboe seeks humble, hungry, and smart interns demonstrating an interest in learning how Cboe operates and supports its customers, gaining skills that will aide in the development and growth towards their desired career path focusing on a combination of technical and business skills. This position will provide training in a variety of Cboe Operations team functions as well as exposure to U.S. market structure and the technical underpinnings of modern electronic and floor exchange operations. Some direct engagement with Cboe customers may be expected and interns will be expected to provide first-class support as representatives of Cboe. Interns will be expected to complete a predefined project that will provide value to Cboe Operations team. The results of their project will be presented to Cboe's senior leadership team at the end of their employment cycle.
OSC: Technical Support
- Provide first level and first-class support by assisting OSC support on a variety of Cboe supported platforms and resolving customer issues related to APIs, trading and features/function.
- Assist with API Certification testing and verification
- Verification of changes to systems and functionality prior to deployment
OSC: Trading/Product Support
- Assist business teams with data/order type behavior requests
- Assist with support of the Cboe Trading Floor
- Support of Cboe related products and trading support applications (e.g. LiveVol, Index Platform, Silexx, PAR, Hanweck, FT Options, etc…)
- Assist with verification of third system configuration and client set-up
- Assist with verification of support administrative system configuration changes (end user entitlements, routing rules, port & session creation)
OSC: Operational System Monitoring
- Monitor systems to keep dashboards green
- Monitor database health tools
- Ad-hoc project assignments
The ideal summer intern will possess:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited institution focused on Business, Operations and/or Computer Science.
- Some Knowledge of the financial markets and technology.
- Experience in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat required. Familiarity with Confluence, SharePoint, JIRA (or similar issue tracking tool), a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Organize and express ideas clearly and understandably when speaking to individuals or groups; use professional grammar and word choice; listen to others and respond appropriately.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong desire to learn Cboe technology.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
Not required, but a *plus* to have one or more of the following:
- FIX Protocol
◆ Competitive compensation
◆ 2:1 Matching 401(k)
◆ Flexible, hybrid work environment
◆ Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
◆ Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
◆ State of the art office hubs worldwide
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.