The Accountant role executes and supports the operational and financial accounting processes of the global business in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This may include performing the customer billing function, receivables management, allowance for doubtful account calculations, customer outreach, creating journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and other general accounting duties. This role requires exceptional customer service, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
Performs a combination of the following duties according to departmental guidelines:
- Perform month-end close processes which may include creating and issuing customer invoices, preparing journal entries, and performing account reconciliations.
- Perform and/or assist with bank reconciliations.
- Manage customer collections and issue dunning letters. Also includes quarterly calculation of allowance for doubtful accounts.
- Communicate regularly with external customers and internal stakeholders, providing a high degree of customer service throughout. Investigate, resolve and respond promptly to inquiries from customers regarding questions or issues with their invoices.
- Execute, review, and implement controls to mitigate risk and to comply with regulations, including SOX.
- Identify rebates/refunds due to customers and evaluate for escheatment eligibility under unclaimed property laws.
- Work closely with internal contacts from various lines of business to ensure timely knowledge of fee changes and changes to customer information, products, payment methodologies and other billing related matters.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Research historical financial data to support internal and external inquiries.
- Provide support or demonstrations for external and internal audit inquiries.
- Attendance at the workplace in a traditional office environment may be required at times, particularly when training.
- Ad hoc reporting; performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- At least 1 year of accounting experience (accounting operations and / or audit)
- Experience communicating financial / accounting related items directly to internal and / or external customers and answering related inquiries
- Required Qualifications:
- • Minimum of 3 years of relevant accounting operations experience.
- • Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Preferred Qualifications
- • Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related field
• Experience with Workday accounting software, SAP Concur a plus
• Experience communicating financial/accounting related items directly to internal and/or external customers and answering related inquiries
• Previous experience with customer collections
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.