Security Engineering Manager - Flexible Hybrid
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving associates a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
The Global Cybersecurity Fusion Center (GCFC) – Security Engineering Manager will be key member of the Global Information Security team, leading the global detection and response engineering team. The engineering manager will help in executing the Cybersecurity vision and strategy as well as planning for the new tools, techniques to improve the detection methods and response for Incident response team to manage the cybersecurity incidents.
The engineering manager's role will involve strategic decision-making to oversee the architecture, deployment and maintenance of security tools across the enterprise. The ideal candidate will exude exemplary project and people management skills to oversee the global engineering team and enhance their technical capabilities for the global organization. This position will support the Information Security Team to keep Cboe safe and secure through a combination of techniques that provide prevention, detection, and enhancing process and procedures to achieve the global Information security organization mission in protecting people, assets, and reputation. The Security Engineering Manager will report into Deputy CISO.
- Provide leadership to the GDRE (Global Detection and Response Engineering) team to drive continuous improvement and ensure right security tools are deployed to enhance global Cyber security Incident Response and threat management capabilities.
- Provide leadership and support to design, architect, develop, deploy and maintain security tools to help Cyber threat, incident response, and attack surface reduction teams.
- Work with Incident Response team to develop security orchestration and automation response capabilities.
- Perform gap analysis to prioritize and develop security controls and tools.
- Work with threat management team to develop use case, for proactively detecting threats, perform breach and attack simulation.
- Work with cross functional teams to manage the security produce deployment and use case creations.
- Work with business and security leadership to evaluate new tools to address security concerns with new capabilities.
- Always inquisitive for emerging technologies.
- Work on proof of concept for new products.
- Planning, coordination, and management and oversee operation of the new solutions to manage evolving threat landscaping.
- Provide guidance and assistance with tasks to ensure on time completion of global initiatives.
- Day-to-day management of the team including scheduling, coordination of work, defining goals and milestones, performance reviews and planning.
- Team development, guidance and mentorship of the team.
- 10+ years of Information and cyber security engineering experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with overall leadership or management.
- Extensive experience working with global cross functional teams.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of security controls and principles.
- Knowledge of threat management and MITRE framework.
- Worked extensively on SIEM and SOAR solutions deployment and management.
- Strong experience in use case creation.
- Worked on designing and deploying cloud security tools.
- Strong experience leading global teams.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading team.
- Advanced level working knowledge of all information security concepts, standard Frameworks like NIST and best industry practices
- Must be extremely well organized, forward thinking, and able to solve complex problems with little to no guidance from others.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must have excellent writing, process documentation and project management skills.
- A demonstrated passion for advanced security and defense strategies.
- Deeply interested in today’s top technology and always looking towards the future of the industry.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate team members, providing both complementary and difficult feedback.
- Ability to work in independent environments under aggressive timelines with varying degrees of complexity.
- Ability to adapt to fast paced environment and flexibility in work given and ability to research how to perform new tasks.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Professional experience demonstrating the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of team members to communicate ideas effectively.
Desired Education, Certifications and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in cyber security, Security Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, CIS, related field, or extensive relevant work experience
- Previous work with a Fin-Tech company is preferred but not required.
- Certification in any of the following preferred: CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security +, or equivalent
- Additional security industry training such as SANS or Offensive Security preferred
- Knowledge of information security concepts and technologies, including cyber risk, third party risk, and security governance
- Knowledge of a wide range of security/risk management frameworks like NIST, CIS etc.
- Experience working in a complex cloud-based IT organization is a plus.
- Development experience in one or more of the following languages: C++, Python, Java.
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting base salary for this role is $123,200-$203,280. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.