Senior Software Engineer, Batch (flexible hybrid in Lenexa, KS)
Who We Are
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy through work that invites connection. Our people power our trusted markets and in turn, we power them through robust benefits, perks and a company culture that prioritizes connection, collaboration and inclusivity. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
Data Pipeline Engineering Team, What We Do
We design, develop, deploy, and support data driven batch and streaming systems supporting North American exchange markets trading over $500B notional securities daily. We store every order, cancel, and execution with care. We architect systems managing billions of events per day. We optimize for scalability, resiliency and performance.
We live and breathe automation. We are analytical thinkers. We are always learning our craft. If it’s broken, we fix it. If it needs refactoring, we refactor it. If it’s hard to test, we make it testable. We are pragmatic. We ship code weekly. We’re looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with Python or experience in another language with a strong desire to learn Python.
- Experience with Linux or UNIX-like systems and knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Experience with Postgres or similar relational databases desirable.
- Experience w AWS, Snowflake, and cloud based platforms and services desirable.
- Self-directed, self-motivated.
- Able to commute to Lenexa, Kansas office location regularly (hybrid work schedule)
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal days, sick days and annual community service days
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work
- Health, dental and vision benefits, including access to telemedicine and mental health services
- 2:1 401(k) match, up to 8% match immediately upon hire
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tax Savings Accounts for health, dependent and transportation
- Employee referral bonus program
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
Some of our associates’ favorite benefits and perks include:
- Daily complimentary in-office lunch from local restaurants
- Endless free coffee and snacks to fuel your workday
- State of the art office hubs worldwide
- Paid Tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Paid parental leave and fertility benefits
- On-site gyms and discounts to other fitness centers
More About Cboe Global Markets
We’re reimagining the future of the workplace by focusing on what matters most, our people. Our journey is an inclusive one. We’re investing deeply in leadership programs and career development initiatives that ensure everyone has an equal chance to succeed. We celebrate the diversity in our communities, inside and out, and welcome new perspectives with equity, inclusion and belonging.
We work with purpose, solving problems with ingenuity, collaboration, and a lot of passion. We’re an engaged and excited team connecting markets across borders and embracing growth in all its forms to achieve incredible outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.