Sr. Test Engineer
The ideal candidate is an experienced builder of comprehensive test automation frameworks for critical trading systems, is highly proficient with Linux and SQL, and is an eager to learn new systems and tackle new challenges.
The successful candidate will have experience developing well-engineered object-oriented software in various programming languages. The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, and must demonstrate adaptability and a strong ability to manage ambiguity.
The right candidate is responsible for:
- Design and implement a greenfield comprehensive test automation framework in Python or Java which will serve as a flexible platform to orchestrate complex system testing, such as failover testing.
- Perform functional, regression, security, operational, and system integration testing.
- Automate technical and operational test cases, to continually reduce manual regression testing.
- Evaluate high-level system requirements and translate into detailed technical test cases.
- Conduct quality assurance testing and analysis throughout the life cycle to all systems integration, software, database, and infrastructure changes.
- Develop, implement and maintain test plans and test scripts to ensure quality and mitigate risk.
- Understand full system architecture to configure test environments, and to maintain test configuration data.
- Utilize proven quality assurance techniques, best practices, standards and troubleshooting methods.
- Document defects and thoroughly communicate to the teams involved.
- Communicate closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to understand planned changes.
- Proactively identify inefficiencies in the quality assurance process, and propose changes including process redesign and tool recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology
- Minimum 5 years in Quality Assurance.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in writing Linux BASH scripts and SQL queries.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in developing software in Python and/or Java.
Skills & Abilities:
- Experience building and/or maintaining test automation frameworks, i.e. beyond simply using existing frameworks to automate test cases.
- Detailed familiarity with QA methodologies, including testing experience with client/server, and Java-based applications.
- Ability to effectively work with development team with varying technical abilities.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and determine any dependencies.
- Must be very detail oriented and have strong problem finding, resolution, and documentation skills.
- Have strong self-motivation, work ethic, and teamwork mentality with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Experience working in team environment.
- Possesses excellent communication, written, and organizational skills.
- Finance industry experience/knowledge is a plus.
- Must be able to work full time in New York City or Calgary, or remotely with occasional travel.
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting base salary for this role is $100,000-$165,000. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.