Sr Product Manager, Market Data & Access Services
The Sr Product Manager role will be responsible for leading multiple initiatives concurrently, from ideation to execution and implementation, on behalf of the Market Data & Access Services business within the Data and Access Solutions (DnA) Division at Cboe Global Markets. This position will be responsible for managing and growing Cboe APAC Data and Access business through strategic product development, functionality enhancements, policy, and pricing changes.
Responsibilities also include, but not limited to, providing input into the strategic direction of products for Cboe Australia and Japan while maintaining a constant focus on managing and growing revenues for the business to continue to exceed its growth targets year-over-year. While this position will be focused on the growth of the APAC product suite, there will be opportunities to work on behalf of the global product portfolio as needed.
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter that embodies an innovative and creative business-focused mindset principled by integrity, compassion, and sound judgment. The individual will be intelligent, eager, personable, independent, highly organized, and assertive while fully embracing a fast-paced, time sensitive, complex, and challenging yet intellectually rewarding financial and technological environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Product Strategy & Development
- Assist in identifying and assessing new product ideas, market opportunities, and/or current gaps, for product roadmap development based on detailed analysis, research, customer feedback, and internal collaboration.
- Manage, develop, and maintain P&L, ROI, financial projections, pricing, and competitive analysis models based on extensive research, data, and industry trends to influence, formulate, and prioritize strategic decisions/direction.
- Draft functional business, product, and technical requirements necessary for large-scale market technology migrations, development of new products, and enhancements to existing products with focus on growth, customer engagement, adoption, and retention.
Product Implementation & Project Management
- Work cross-functionally across the organization to execute on product roadmap and manage the implementation of multiple complex initiatives with little oversight.
- Contribute to all aspects of product implementation as required including engineering, infrastructure, operations, support, sales, marketing, communications, finance, legal, and compliance.
- Act as project manager on high-value projects for the Market Data & Access Services business, ensuring the launch of commercially successful products through coordination with internal stakeholders across the organization to complete project deliverables on time and on budget.
- Ensure product success and contribute to exceeding revenue targets and ongoing growth year-over-year through dedicated work to support current product offerings in addition to developing new initiatives.
- Develop and present strategic initiatives, product delivery roadmaps, business development efforts, financial analysis, and performance metrics to senior management and executive team.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on product offerings, customer segment targets, use case pricing, and policy requirements with regards to connecting to and receiving data from various Cboe Exchanges.
- Research and maintain competitive data and connectivity product summaries including descriptions, pricing, customer targets, etc.
- Contribute to financial forecasting, budget process, revenue projections, and business trend analysis.
- Develop complex pricing models to include multiple variable inputs and outputs to fully assess business impact of various changes.
- Review and assist in the process of drafting commercial contracts, policies, and legal filings in coordination with the legal team.
- Document requirements, meeting notes, agendas, and action items for various stakeholders – both internally and externally as needed.
Product, Sales & Customer Support
- Discuss product suite and solutions with our existing and prospective clients to educate them on our offering as it relates to their individual use cases, technical implementations, and requirements.
- Shape and modify deliverables to craft customer-centric solutions through often complex problem solving around client trading systems, network architecture, and data platforms.
- Attend meetings, conference calls, and provide information in effort to assist the Sales Team in selling Cboe Data products.
- Develop presentations, white papers, and other materials with the support of our Marketing and Communications team to communicate the value of Cboe products.
- Support the Operational Team as needed through assisting in customer onboarding, customer inquiries, and helping to drive operational efficiencies.
- Respond directly to customers regarding product-specific questions, requests, and/or issues.
- Work with a wide range of global clients and prospective customers including Market Data vendors, sell-side brokers, buy-side firms, retail brokers, financial websites, and fintech firms.
- Experience: Min 5 years with proven track record in business analysis, product strategy, product management, and project management - preferably from financial services and/or technology firms. Experience with a Data Vendor, Financial Information Provider, Exchange Operator, or Broker-Dealer a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including the following:
- Word – develop detailed business cases, product summaries, product requirements, technical requirements, marketing content, filings, etc.
- Excel – develop complex pricing models, financial projections, ROI analysis, etc. Tableau and/or data visualization knowledge helpful.
- PowerPoint - develop high quality business, product, and technical presentations for customers, internal stakeholders, and senior management.
- Proven product management experience working cross-functionally to implement complex large-scale initiatives across multiple areas of an organization is required.
- Business analysis or similar experience is required, serving as the foundational framework for many of the responsibilities of the role.
- Understanding of the financial markets landscape and how data is accessed and used is required.
- Experience and comfort drafting complex product and business requirements is required. Technical requirements are a plus.
- Domain expertise in the financial services industry, market structure, network connectivity, infrastructure, trading systems, data, indices, and/or financial information platforms a plus.
- Operational experience is a plus.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage multiple projects simultaneously, effectively, and independently with transparency being key.
- Careful attention to detail with strong analytical and research skills (qualitative and quantitative).
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, and summarize information to provide insight, establish connections, and inform decision making.
- Comfort drafting complex product and business requirements and working cross-functionality across the organization to implement initiatives.
- Excellent communicator with strong verbal, written language, and customer service skills (internally and externally with clients/prospects).
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively alongside colleagues on different teams and in different regions.
- Minimum Years of Work Experience: 5
- Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor Degree
- Desirable: Japanese Language skills
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.