Training Content Developer - Flexible Hybrid (Lenexa, KS)
Building trusted markets — powered by our people.
At Cboe , we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving employees a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
Cboe is looking for that unique individual who finds joy in creating, coordinating, and managing technical content and curriculum for our global team members who provide world class operational support in our fast-paced, multi-faceted technical environment. High attention to detail along with superior communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills are a must as you lead in this position. If you can bring all this with a humble attitude, a hunger to grow and achieve, and a team player mindset, then this role might be right for you.
The Training Content Developer will be responsible for developing, updating, maintaining, and driving effective use of training content used for training and onboarding Cboe Operations personnel as well as content used to provide Cboe associates instruction on operational policies and procedure.
- Working directly with Operations management and leadership to identify and catalog existing training content, to identify gaps in content coverage, and to then prioritize updating existing content and/or create new content as necessary.
- In coordination with Operations management and leadership, developing role-specific university style curriculum and related training courses that support self-study and proficiency testing; coordinating creation, storage, and access of all related content; reviewing content periodically for effectiveness to ensure it remains current and accurate.
- Facilitating and/or participating directly in the creation of training content, including live or recorded training sessions, online modules, wiki-type job aids, and other relevant content delivery methods.
- Coordinating with global Operations management to ensure a globally consistent and locally optimized approach to Operations training content.
- Advocating for and promoting the use of Operations training content; continuously identifying potential content gaps and/or enhancements and serving as a point of support for others to do the same.
- Documenting procedures, best practices, and job aids related to creating, maintaining, updating, and distributing Operations training content, including training and job aids related to training content related tooling.
- Overseeing content related tooling, including working with engineering and other teams to identify and address tooling issues, to identify potentially tooling enhancements and efficiencies, and to drive efficiencies where feasible.
- Providing for accountability within the Operations team as it relates to improving the team’s training capabilities and maintaining a high standard of quality for content produced and distributed.
- Representing Operations in demonstrating and providing updates regarding training content development and progress to Cboe leadership, as well as to external parties when appropriate.
- Supporting internal, external, and regulatory audits and reviews related to Operations training content and training procedures.
The ideal candidate has:
- Equivalent of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Solid experience with technical content creation, curriculum planning & development, and/or a technical or operational content related role.
- Familiarity with the Finance/Securities space.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and work assignments; complete multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and quality; adjust to changes in priorities and situations; complete work under pressure; meet deadlines.
- Desire to increase securities market expertise and to become proficient with Cboe Technology and process.
- Ability to work well and collaborate with an international team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to organize and express ideas clearly and understandably when speaking to individuals or groups; use professional grammar and word choice; listen to others and respond appropriately.
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, personal days, sick days and annual community service days
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work
- Health, dental and vision benefits, including access to telemedicine and mental health services
- 2:1 401(k) match, up to 8% match immediately upon hire
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tax Savings Accounts for health, dependent and transportation
- Employee referral bonus program
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
Some of our employees’ favorite benefits and perks include:
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and coffee in any Cboe office
- Paid Tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Paid parental leave and fertility benefits
- On-site gyms and discounts to other fitness centers
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting base salary for this role is $60,000-$99,000. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
More About Cboe
We’re reimagining the future of the workplace by focusing on what matters most, our people. Our journey is an inclusive one. We’re investing deeply in leadership programs and career development initiatives that ensure everyone has an equal chance to succeed. We celebrate the diversity in our communities, inside and out, and welcome new perspectives with equity, inclusion and belonging.
We work with purpose, solving problems with ingenuity, collaboration, and a lot of passion. We’re an engaged and excited team connecting markets across borders and embracing growth in all its forms to achieve incredible outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.