The NOC (Network Operations Center) Associate is a Cboe NOC role served by experienced network technologists. The Cboe NOC is a multi-tiered, customer-focused, highly skilled network support team responsible for engineering, implementing, and maintaining edge routing infrastructure for all trading platforms. The NOC bridges the knowledge gap between Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Trade Desk. This role is responsible for providing first level world class support in conjunction with solving problems, monitoring Cboe’s global network infrastructure, ensuring network devices maintain a healthy state, and troubleshooting when they are not. Associate NOC Engineers will work closely with customer Network Engineers and Data Center Technicians to implement connectivity solutions and troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity issues. An Associate NOC Engineer must be able to work independently with little to no direct supervision in performing their duties. This role is based in Japan & requires Japanese language skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Onboard new customer direct connections, provision new circuits and process circuit terminations within data centers. Configure customer access for market data products based on entitlements. Ensure fair market access by certifying customer connections in all latency equalized trading environments. Deploy new network configuration and assist with testing of customer access to trade entry or market data dissemination systems to support existing customer connectivity as needed.
- Participate in internal and industry-wide weekend testing as needed.
- Service the NOC Hotline as well as email support tickets directed to the Cboe NOC Jira queue. Provide timely and professional outbound communications to firms regarding project timelines or infrastructure affecting maintenance. During the hours when the NOC is not staffed, a rotational on call schedule is adhered to.
- Provide customers and the sales coverage team support and training related to Cboe network connectivity. Service the NOC Hotline as well as email support tickets directed to the Cboe NOC Jira queue. Provide timely and professional outbound communications to firms regarding project timelines or infrastructure affecting maintenance. During the hours when the NOC is not staffed, a rotational on call schedule is adhered to.
- During trading hours, proactively monitor customer connectivity as well as market access connectivity in real-time for state changes, physical interface level errors, and other conditions such as TCP retransmits to minimize Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) in the event error conditions are detected. Engage customers based on red to green monitoring or statistic-based alarms. Monitor uplinks to back-end trading infrastructure and monitor public facing Cboe web sites for availability. Escalate technical issues appropriately.
- Be familiar with multicast technologies.
- Use technical network tools to troubleshoot, maintain, monitor & fix all aspects of customer facing network equipment & processes and procedures.
- Support task automation efforts through development, testing and maintenance of Python tools.
- Be part of an on-call schedule.
- Two or more of the following:
- CCNP (counts as two)
- MCSA/MCSE, Linux+
- CompTia Security+, Network+
- Corvil Certified Administrator/Expert
- Logic Monitor Certified Expert
- Must be Bilingual in English and Japanese.
- Minimum Years of Work Experience: 2
- Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.