Senior Software Engineer, Quant - Remote
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving employees a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
Cboe/Hanweck is looking for an experienced Senior Quantitative Developer who seeks a new challenge in the financial technology services industry. You will work within a team of seasoned developers, technologists, and quants with immense experience in financial markets and a keen interest in financial modeling and analytics.
- Develop and implement quantitative models and software applications to process and analyze real-time financial market data in a high-performance, real-time computing environment
- Maintain and optimize existing software applications, and recommend and implement improvements
- Write technical specifications, project plans, and technical documentation; translate business requirements into functional specifications and project plans
- Regular communication with senior managers and technical colleagues
- Processing, collecting, and analyzing financial market data, including high frequency real-time pricing data and reference data
- Monitor and improve the quality of analytical data generated from our applications; develop/work with reference data team to add or modify reference data sources
- Work with product managers and business development team to write documentation, technical specifications, project plans and sales material for our data and applications
- Minimum 10 years of experience in financial markets required (market data, reference data, risk)
- Quantitative STEM background with a strong interest in financial markets, derivatives pricing, quantitative modeling, and risk analytics experience
- Experience in financial derivatives modeling, corporate actions, securities, and derivatives reference data, including futures and options contracts
- Strong programming skills in Java and/or C++; functional programming skills in SQL; and working knowledge of R, Python/NumPy, MatLab, or similar language for working with data and performing scientific computing. CUDA programming experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and extensive experience with statistical concepts including Bayesian modeling and hypothesis testing; linear regression; principal components (PCA); tree models; and time series modeling such as GARCH
Specific Skills Required:
- Strong attention to detail, a highly analytical and quantitative mind, capable of translating analytical insights into actions
- Ability to work as a self-starter with minimal supervision; take ownership of projects from start to finish; develop requirements and specifications; QA testing, documentation and production release
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively, in a deadline driven environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work within a global team
Education: Master’s or PhD in a STEM field
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law, Cboe provides a reasonable range of minimum base salary for roles that may be performed in New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to geographic location, skill set, level of experience, etc. For New York City only, the range of starting base salary for this role is $112,000-$184,800. Additional incentive compensation and benefits may be available.
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.