Accounts Payable Analyst
Building trusted markets —powered by our people.
At Cboe, we inspire our people to solve complex challenges together because what we do matters. We provide the financial infrastructure that powers the global economy. As a leading provider of market infrastructure and tradable products, Cboe delivers cutting-edge trading, clearing and investment solutions to market participants around the world.
We’re building inclusive ways to support professional and personal development while strengthening the trust we’ve earned as a global market leader. Our teams are empowered to share ideas, actively pursue them and bring on a challenge. As champions of internal mobility and access to opportunity, we encourage our people to “go for it” and equip our managers with the training to coach their teams to the next level. Our Associate Resource Groups champion diversity, equity and inclusion, giving associates a safe space to network, share ideas and create opportunities.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
The Finance team is hiring for Accounts Payable Analyst
The Accounts Payable Analyst at Cboe Clear will be involved in accounting activities which include pre/post-closing journal entries and related activities, including reconciliations in the general ledger.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Run and maintain accurate and timely financial records, with an emphasis on Accounts Payables process;
- Participate into timely monthly, quarterly and year end closing activities;
- Participate into finance department’s control governance, including SOX compliance as required by the group;
- Accounts Payable process (including credit card and cost reimbursement), applying relevant accounting principles and tax treatments:
- review and verify the accuracy of vendors’ invoices;
- encode the invoices by allocating the proper GL accounts, coding matrix and tax treatment;
- timely submit, obtain approval of the invoices and initiate payments;
- prepare and reconcile the bank books, by tracking the payments and monitoring the cost allocated bank accounts and related statements;
- inspect paid and unpaid invoices and prepare internal required aging reports;
- maintain professional communication with internal stakeholder and external vendors to resolve any discrepancies;
- prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations on the relevant GL accounts;
- assist with the end of month closing activities, including reconciliations and accruals
- Develop and maintain monthly expense / cost analysis reports to ensure easily available information for the accounting and forecasting functions in the team:
- Assist in identifying variances and explain the trends between:
- actuals and accruals;
- actuals and budget / forecast;
- different periods at vendor’s cost level;
- Based on existing GL actuals, gather required information for different reporting purposes (project, business segments, location, etc.);
The ideal candidate has:
- You have at least three years’ experience in a same or similar role
- Capable of resourceful problem solving and continuously looking for improvements
- Comfortable in a very fluid environment that changes as the business evolves
- Strong attention to detail
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
- Fluent in English, written and verbal is a must
- Knowledge of VAT/GST regulations is preferable
You’ll really stand out with:
- Familiarity with the system Workday is a plus
Benefits and Perks
We value the total wellbeing of our people – including health, financial, personal and social wellness. We believe standard benefits like health insurance and fair pay are a given at any organization. Still, you should know we offer:
- Fair and competitive salary and incentive compensation packages with an upside for overachievement
- Cboe offer pension contributions up to 7% of base salary.
- Enhanced paid parental leave to support parents
- EAP - This service intends to help employees deal with personal problems that might adversely impact their work performance, health and well-being. This service includes short- term counselling and referral services for employees and their immediate family.
- ClassPass Corporate Membership which provides access to on-demand classes, livestream classes, in-person classes and wellness sessions across different fitness genres. (taxable benefit)
- 25 days holiday per year per holiday year for full time employees, increasing with length of service at a rate of one extra day per completed years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Flexible, hybrid work environment, where you choose where and how you work
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Complimentary lunch, snacks and drinks in any Cboe office
- Paid tuition assistance and education opportunities
- Generous charitable giving company match
- Volunteer opportunities to help you give back to your communities
More About Cboe Clear
We’re reimagining the future of the workplace by focusing on what matters most, our people. Our journey is an inclusive one. We’re investing deeply in leadership programs and career development initiatives that ensure everyone has an equal chance to succeed. We celebrate the diversity in our communities, inside and out, and welcome new perspectives with equity, inclusion and belonging.
We work with purpose, solving problems with ingenuity, collaboration, and a lot of passion. We’re an engaged and excited team connecting markets across borders and embracing growth in all its forms to achieve incredible outcomes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age and disability
Any communication from Cboe regarding this position will only come from a Cboe recruiter who has a @cboe.com email or via LinkedIn Recruiter. Cboe does not use any other third party communication tools for recruiting purposes.