Quantitative Software Engineer
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2023
Who We Are:
Ethena Labs is building the first ETH based yield-bearing synthetic dollar. Arthur Hayes is a founding advisor and the team has deep experience across traditional finance and crypto engineering from firms such as Cerberus, Wintermute, Flow Traders, Deribit, Paradigm, Aave, Blockdaemon and Kaiko. We are backed by every major exchange and trading entities in the space.
What we are Doing:
We are building derivative infrastructure to enable Ethereum to transform into the Internet Bond via delta-neutral derivatives positions, to create the first crypto-native, yield bearing synthetic dollar: sUSDe.
We believe creating a synthetic dollar which is not reliant on existing banking infrastructure is the single most important problem to solve and largest opportunity in crypto today.
USDe will form the first part of a broader ecosystem of products we are building including fixed and floating rate internet bonds and composable repo leveraged markets.
The quantitative team is building the required trading infrastructure to maintain our delta-neutral USDe positions.
We believe creating a synthetic dollar which is not reliant on existing banking infrastructure is the single most important problem to solve and the largest opportunity in crypto today.
USDe will form the first part of a broader ecosystem of products.
The ideal candidate would be in one of the following time zones: EST, GMT, CET, EEST
Who We are Looking For:
- An experienced quantitative/trading engineer who is passionate about building products/applications within the crypto derivative landscape.
- A creative and collaborative individual excited by the opportunity of joining an early stage team and taking ownership of products from conception to production.
- At least 2 years of experience in developing trading-related software at a market-making, exchange or trading oriented firm.
- A genuine interest in building technology and pushing forward innovation within the space.
- Work on the internal trading system focused on centralized venues, that covers topics such as: pricing, risk-management, low latency data capture, order management etc.
- Design and build automated delta-neutral derivative strategies with a focus on portfolio hedging.
- Collaborate with custody and exchange partners to build secure and reliable connectivity to various venues.
- Prior experience working for a start-up is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years working at a trading-related firm.
- Strong Python skills.
- Computational fundamentals, such as networking, system-utilization etc.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Clear and concise communication ability.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
- Experience running and building market making engines.
- Knowledge of DeFi engineering principles and tools.
- Systems level programming experience (C, C++, Rust etc.).
Nice to haves:
Our Engineering Stack
- Frontend: React, NextJS, Wagmi, Viem, TailwindCSS
- Backend: Python, Solidity, SQL, GraphQL, DGraph, Docker, AWS, Ethereum.
If you subscribe to the mission of separating the dollar from the state, then we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application and will be in touch after having a chance to review.
In the meantime, here are some links to more information about Ethena Labs to help you check us out: