Business Development for Aera
Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA · San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Gauntlet leads the field in quantitative research and optimization of DeFi economics. We manage market risk, optimize growth, and ensure economic safety for protocols facilitating the majority of spot trading, borrowing, and lending activity across all of DeFi, protecting and optimizing the largest protocols and networks in the industry. As of January 2024 Gauntlet manages risk and incentives covering over $13 billion in customer TVL.
Gauntlet continually publishes cutting-edge research that informs our risk models, alerts, and analysis, and is among the most cited institution — including academic institutions — in terms of peer-reviewed papers addressing DeFi as a subject. We’re a Series B company with around 60 employees, operating remote-first with a home base in New York City.
Gauntlet’s mission is to drive adoption and understanding in the financial systems of the future. Building with decentralized systems creates novel challenges for mechanism designers, smart contract developers, and end-users of financial products, which are not seen in traditional software development and investing contexts. Gauntlet is dedicated to enhancing our industry’s understanding of this new domain, and revealing how to safely navigate the true bleeding edge of 21st century financial innovation.
Our extremely passionate team works tirelessly to bridge the gap for data-driven insights and analytical research in collateralized blockchain protocols. We strive to maintain an atmosphere that fosters innovation and new ideas through collaboration, research, and deep discussion to meet our customer's needs to grow and manage incentives better!
In order to grow our impact in the DeFi space, we are looking to hire an experienced, crypto-native Business Development/Governance actor who can amplify our presence where we are active in governance and aggressively execute an outbound lead strategy to help establish new partnerships. This role requires experience participating in decentralized governance as well as pursuing new business via cold outreach and existing relationships.
- Define and develop outbound partnership strategies for existing/new products and services.
- Serve as Gauntlet’s governance liaison, participating in forum discussions and executing on/off chain votes where Gauntlet is a delegate. Through this, identify opportunities to establish new partnerships
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for pre-launch and post-launch protocols.
- Contribute to improving Growth team systems that assist in scaling the sales process Nurture opportunities across various key stakeholders.
- Work with Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Finance teams to validate and optimally position Gauntlet within targeted verticals. Maintain a pulse and viewpoint on emerging trends in DeFi and adjacent industries.
- Crypto/DeFi native business development, partnerships, or governance experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the DeFi landscape and emerging trends.
- Demonstrated experience structuring and negotiating initial partnership agreements.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Finance teams to ensure successful partnerships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to operate autonomously and across multiple time zones.
- You have a crypto-native network
- You’ve successfully sold products/services to DAOs through governance processes.
- You’ve served as a governance lead for your organization in a blue-chip protocol
- You’ve held positions on grants councils, or similar.
- You have a technical or mathematical background and are able to disseminate technical topics to non-technical audiences
Benefits and Perks
- Remote first - work from anywhere in the US & CAN!
- Regular in-person company retreats and cross-country "office visit" perk
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for employees
- Laptop, monitor, keyboard and mouse setup provided
- $1,000 WFH stipend
- Monthly reimbursement for home internet, phone, and cellular data
- Unlimited vacation
- 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks
- Fertility benefits
- Opportunity for incentive compensation
Please note at this time our hiring is reserved for potential employees who are able to work within the contiguous United States and Canada. Should you need alternative accommodations, please note that in your application.
The national pay range for this role is $130,000 - $150,000 base plus additional On Target Earnings potential by level and equity in the company. Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for a company of our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide. Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.