At Goldsky, our vision is simple: Build the most powerful data platform for Web3. ☀️
Blockchains will enable a new era of unique onchain experiences and applications. However, today it’s impossible to build high-quality products due to the difficulties of processing onchain data effectively. This complexity is only increasing as more chains and smart contracts are deployed across the ecosystem. Teams are forced to build complex data infrastructure in-house, distracting them from focusing on their core product.
Goldsky bridges this gap by making it seamless for developers to power their applications with realtime onchain data. Our infrastructure powers hundreds of projects across the industry building rich, instant, data-driven experiences.
We’ve raised over $20M from Dragonfly Capital, Felicis Ventures, prominent players in the industry such as 0x Labs, Uniswap Labs, and Protocol Labs, and angel investors including Elad Gil, Plaid founders Zach Perret and William Hockey, and Zhuoxun Yin of Magic Eden. Our team members have previously built mission-critical, scalable infrastructure at Meta, Google, Shopify, Activision, and more.
We’d love for you to join us in our mission to unlock the full potential of data in Web3.
About the role
We launched our first product, Index, last year. Since then, we’ve onboarded hundreds of customers to the platform, including Zora, Optimism, POAP, NounsDAO, 0x Labs, Immutable, Hashflow, Arweave, and Polymarket, among others.
Recently, we began rolling out access to Mirror, an end-to-end data pipeline solution for streaming onchain data directly to an existing offchain database.
As our business grows, we’re looking to bring on a customer facing technical generalist to join our Technical Services team. The Technical Services team is responsible for pre- and post-sale technical engagements with current and future customers. We help them transform and sync onchain data from subgraphs or our decoded datasets to their data warehouse. You'll partner with John (Technical Services Lead), Jeff (CTO), Hemanth (GTM), and others across the company to make our customers happy.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will become a product expert and will help to develop custom products and services using that expertise. We’re still a small team and in this role will wear many hats. You’ll work with the engineering team to address customer facing bugs and infrastructure issues, and you’ll also work with the product and marketing teams to help make new product launches smooth and to give feedback on how our customers are using our product.
- Go Deep on the Tech: You’ll become a product expert across our entire platform and understand our competitor landscape. You’ll go so deep that you can guide customers through a journey of understanding their pain-points, options, trade-offs, and why Goldsky might — or might not — be the best platform for them.
- Build Custom Data Products: We’ve got a lot of data and customers need to consume it in many different ways. As we grow, you will help spot opportunities to streamline this process by building custom data products that are reusable.
- Create Demos and Guides: Help us build out compelling use cases for our products and write detailed guides so that more people can self-serve our offerings.
- Problem-Solve on the Fly: We’re building sophisticated tools in a completely new industry, where there are many landmines to stumble through. Problems will arise that have never been solved, and you’ll be able to figure out the “good enough” solution consistently as we run into lots of novel technical challenges. You have the drive to work through hard problems, the curiosity to dig deeper and understand the root cause of a problem, and the grit to iterate through first attempts that lead to the right solution over time.
We’re excited to talk with you if:
- You consider yourself a generalist. You don’t like being penciled into a narrow set of responsibilities. You approach new challenges with curiosity and excitement, but know when to ask for help.
- You’re comfortable writing simple SQL and digging into the data. Even better if you can jump into the CLI or dig through a codebase to provide real-time feedback to the engineering team.
- You’re curious, low ego, and always looking to improve. You experiment with strategies, tactics, and tools in order to identify what works, and you adjust to find repeatable success. You’re open to feedback and collaborating with others to get to the best approach.
- You’re hungry and excited to join a high-growth, fast-paced startup where you’ll get your hands dirty across a range of challenges. You’re comfortable in an ambiguous, remote environment without much structure.
- You enjoy building long-term relationships with teammates and customers.
- You’re open and curious to learn more about this wacky world of crypto :)
Bonus Points For:
- You’ve worked with highly technical products and customers; even better if you’ve worked in B2B SaaS.
- You’re able to read and write small bits of code in multiple languages.
- You’re crypto native, familiar with the broader ecosystem, and understand why Goldsky will unlock new experiences and applications in Web3.
- Competitive salary and equity in Goldsky.
- Fully paid health plans - This includes medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family at no cost to you.
- Unlimited vacation - Take time to recharge as you need it. We’re serious.
- Home office setup fund - Expense up to $5,000 for new equipment (e.g. computer, desk, chair) when you first join.
- Wellness stipend - Expense up to $100/mo on whatever helps you stay healthy.
- Connectivity stipend - Expense up to $75/mo on phone or internet.
- Regular self-care days - Every other Friday is a company holiday to decompress. We go hiking, learn to cook, or trade jpegs.
- Paid travel - We’ll cover any costs for work-related conferences and quarterly company offsites all around the globe.
- Nice swag - We have a free internal Shopify store set up!