3D Artist (Generalist)
3D Artist (Generalist)
WHO WE ARE
Lava Labs is in the exciting phase of soft launching our debut game, AFAR Rush. We've built our foundation with guidance from some of the industry's top experts. Our experienced team has developed games for PC, console, and mobile that have been enjoyed by hundreds of millions globally. Based in Nottingham and Amsterdam, and with many team members working remotely, we're dedicated to collaboration and focused on gaming. At Lava Labs, we prioritize a diverse team, valuing all backgrounds and perspectives, to create an environment where everyone feels at home and can excel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our team at Lava is looking for a 3D Artist /Generalist to join our rapidly growing organization. This role will have a major impact on the company's success and we are looking for someone with an ownership mentality to take the lead on building an awesome game for our growing Game Studio!
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity to build something from the ground up, please apply today!
- Managing, designing and producing in-house 2D/3D art assets using current 3D tools.
- Ensuring an efficient 3D pipeline using both internal and external 3D Art resources.
- Helping to manage fixes for Art related bugs with the rest of the team.
- Communicating work requirements and deliverables across multiple studios.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one major 3D package and renderer such as Maya, Modo or 3DS Max
- Minimum of 3 years Industry experience
- Ability to model efficient low-poly models of all types
- Ability to work in 3D to a style guide
- Experience using Unity 3D
- Excellent texturing skills with a focus on memory targets
- Excellent lighting in 3D application and game engines skills
- Ability to create animations, more advanced rigging would be a plus
- Experience with Favro and Perforce
- Mobile platform experience is a plus
- Knowledge of scripting
- Free To Play or social game experience
- Knowledge of real time shaders
- Drawing skills including life drawing and concepts
- Photography skills and post work
Whilst we have listed the requirements above, we recognise individuals have a wealth of talents to offer that can be of tremendous value, so whilst you may fall short of one or two of the requirements, you may have skills in other areas. We therefore strongly encourage you to apply if you feel you can demonstrate the skills required for the role.
Lava Labs welcomes people from all different backgrounds, including age, citizenship, ethnic and racial origins, gender identities, individuals with disabilities, marital status, religions and ideologies, and sexual orientations to apply.