WHO ARE WE?
Lava Labs are a post series-A studio, based in Nottingham and Amsterdam. We have just soft launched our debut game, AFAR Rush. We've built our foundation with guidance from some of the industry's top experts. Our experienced team have developed games for PC, Console, and Mobile that have been enjoyed by hundreds of millions globally.
We have many team members working remotely, and we're dedicated to collaboration and focused on gaming, whilst we prioritise a diverse team, valuing all backgrounds and perspectives, to create an environment where everyone feels at home and can excel.
As a fullstack developer at Lava Labs you will be responsible for maintaining the front end web platforms required by the company, including the company website, game-related portals and any in-house tools needed by the development team. This includes working closely with the Community & Social Media Team to maintain our presence on the web. You’ll also be working with the Backend Team to help deliver new features to support our AFAR series of games and where necessary, integrate those new features into the web portal.
- Work with company-wide stakeholders to implement & maintain Lava Labs’ presence on the web.
- Deep integration of various social media services into our web presence.
- Integration and utilization of CMS into our site.
- Integrate and maintain metrics systems used to monitor the performance of our site.
- Development and maintenance of SEO features.
- 3+ years commercial experience of web development.
- Ability to implement and develop designs supplied by key stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of Svelte, React or Vue.
- Experience with writing and maintaining basic backend services.
- Basic ability to interact with databases (SQL or document style databases).
- Working knowledge of Node.js (though Golang or Java would also be considered).
- Ability to integrate existing backend services into the web platform.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience interacting with AWS.
- Experience working with social media integrations (e.g. Discord).
- Experience of working with source control and CI/CD.
- Experience of working with Linux.
Whilst we have listed the requirements above, we recognise individuals may not tick all of the boxes, however, you have a wealth of talents to offer that can be of tremendous value. So whilst you may fall short of one or two of the requirements, you have skills in other areas and we therefore strongly encourage you to apply if you feel you can demonstrate the skills required for the role (we recognise that this disproportionately affects marginalised groups)
Lava Labs is committed to offering Hybrid and Remote working environments to anyone that is not within a reasonable commuting distance to our studio in Nottingham, although any candidate that applies would need to have the full right to work in the U.K