Senior Legal Counsel
Matrixport is Asia’ fastest growing one-stop digital asset financial services platform. With $10 billion in assets under management and custody, it provides one-stop crypto financial services with over $5 billion in average monthly trading volumes. The offerings include Cactus Custody™, spot OTC, fixed income, structured products, lending as well as asset management. Headquartered in Singapore, Matrixport’s mission is to make crypto easy for everyone and its motto is “Get More From Your Crypto”. The company has over 220 employees serving both institutions and retail customers in Asia and Europe.
Why Join us:
At Matrixport, we believe that teamwork allows us to tackle complex challenges together. Every team player is valued, has a voice that can be heard and a contribution that can be made. You can expect to make a difference and have direct impact towards the success of the company. We seek the passionate and the courageous who can imbue their expertise into the crypto community and build a better product for the next one billion users.
- Participate in the Company's launch of new cryptocurrencies financial products, including but not limited to, drafting product agreements, and providing legal advice to the product team regarding the design of product structure especially for our HK subsidiaries within the Group;
- Advising in relation to Crypto matters and exchange licensing requirements in Hong Kong;
- Provide legal support on expanding new counterparties (major cryptocurrencies institutions in worldwide) for Company's business line, including but not limited to, drafting and reviewing transaction documents and providing support in deal negotiations;
- Track the regulatory progress of cryptocurrencies in all jurisdictions where the Company operates its business (including but not limited to, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc.) and summarize them on a regular basis with a focus on HK;
- Cooperate with the compliance team, update the compliance policies in relation to the Company's operation constantly, and coordinate the training of compliance within the Company;
- Cooperate with various departments of the company (including but not limited to, sales, human, finance, safety, risk control, operations and marketing) for daily legal support and communication.
- Graduation from prestigious law school, HK legal background is a strong plus;
- More than 5 years of experience in legal, previous working experience in financial related practice area (including but not limited to, bonds, trusts, derivatives, etc.) or in house legal experience in fin-tech technology company will be preferred; HK legal experience in financial regulatory or compliance would be a strong plus;
- Solid knowledge in the cryptocurrencies industry as well as HK regulatory scheme, and basic independent understanding of the current situation of the industry is required;
- Legal qualification in HK will be required;
- Practical, problem solver who is able to articulate legal risks clearly and concisely with outstanding drafting and negotiation skills;
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin is an added advantage.