Assistant Tax Manager
Matrixport is Asia’ fastest growing one-stop digital asset financial services platform. With $10 billion in assets under management and custody, it provides one-stop crypto financial services with over $5 billion in average monthly trading volumes. The offerings include Cactus Custody™, spot OTC, fixed income, structured products, lending as well as asset management. Headquartered in Singapore, Matrixport’s mission is to make crypto easy for everyone and its motto is “Get More From Your Crypto”. The company has over 300 employees serving both institutions and retail customers in Asia and Europe.
Why Join us:
At Matrixport, we believe that teamwork allows us to tackle complex challenges together. Every team player is valued, has a voice that can be heard and a contribution that can be made. You can expect to make a difference and have direct impact towards the success of the company. We seek the passionate and the courageous who can imbue their expertise into the crypto community and build a better product for the next one billion users.
- Reporting to the Tax Director/ Tax manager, you will be part of the Group Tax team which sits within Group Finance. The team has the responsibility for tax country management for countries where the Group operates in, such as Singapore, Hong Kong, Switzerland, etc. It handles corporate tax matters for all entities and businesses operating in those countries. This includes direct responsibility for managing corporate income taxes, reviewing, and ensuring accuracy of accounting for income taxes, planning for setting up of new businesses, evaluation of processes for tax efficiency and indirect/operational taxes.
- The candidate would be primarily responsible for tax compliance matters. Depending on business needs, the candidate may be requested to assist on other tax matters.
- Responsible for tax compliance matters (including but not limited to tax filings, tax provisions, tax audits, WHT and GST) for the Group
- Assess uncertain tax positions for Group reporting
- Assist to manage various transfer pricing matters within the Group, including reviewing/preparing transfer pricing related documentation at both local and Group levels, implementing, maintaining, and defending the Group’s transfer pricing policies
- Manage and meet documentation requirements for tax needs and monitoring related targets
- Assist with timely communication with key internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with tax governance and controls
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy, with relevant accreditation(s).
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience, ideally with a combination of Big 4 and commercial tax experience.
- Strong foundation of tax technical knowledge (direct and indirect taxes and transfer pricing regulations) across the multiple jurisdictions that the Group is operating in, and with a proven track record of applying the knowledge to business operations.
- Experience with international transfer pricing dealings, handling complex and cross-functional projects.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with keen attention to details and the bigger picture.
- Self-starter team player who can thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Able to work independently and a responsible team player