Senior DevOps Engineer
Monad Labs is a venture-backed tech startup building the Monad blockchain, a high-performance smart contract platform built to bring world adoption to decentralized apps. Monad combines unparalleled performance (10,000 transactions per second) with portability (full compatibility for Ethereum smart contracts), leveraging innovations in parallel execution and distributed consensus.
We are founded by Jump Trading alums, and backed by notable leaders in the crypto space, including Dragonfly, Placeholder, and Naval Ravikant. We are a small startup (20 people), headquartered in NYC.
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer with excellent knowledge of linux systems and significant experience building new automation for infrastructure and testing.
As our first Infrastructure hire, you will wear many hats and contribute significantly to our efforts to build a robust high-performance system. You will significantly extend the capabilities of our automated testing for a high-performance distributed system. You will maintain and improve our linux systems and networking architecture. You will work closely with our development teams to monitor, extend, and harden production infrastructure with scalability, observability and security in mind.
This is for a hybrid (3 days/week) role in NYC. Our offices are in Herald Square in Manhattan.
Who you are
- 5 years of experience in the DevOps/SRE/Linux Engineering space
- Experience in setting up a devops environment and CI/CD platform (GitHub Actions or Jenkins) from scratch
- Hands-on experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet)
- Proficiency in at least one back-end development language such as Python, Go, or C++
- Proficiency with command-line git
- Experience writing software for deploying and operating infrastructure (Linux installations, clusters, and networks)
- Experience evaluating and improving observability and security practices
- Experience with network setup and maintenance
- Experience with virtualization technologies like Docker, Qemu, etc
- Ability to write scripts and help with testing and automation
What you’ll be doing
- Building, testing, monitoring, and deploying code across multiple cloud and hosted environments
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Linux (Fedora/Ubuntu) installations
- Building testing infrastructure for a system with elements of high-performance computation and distributed systems
- Maintaining and improving our network infrastructure for clusters of Ethereum-like nodes
- Contributing to observability standards and security
- Participating in on-call rotation for production support
Why work with us
Working at Monad Labs means doing challenging work on a high-impact problem with exceptional teammates.
Here are some of the people you’ll work with:
- James, performance engineering expert and system architect; previously designed and built ultra-low-latency systems for a top high-frequency trading team at Jump Trading;
- Ariq, expert at low-level firmware and software programming; previously a senior engineer at Arista Networks, where he served as lead maintainer on multiple linux kernel networking drivers for Arista EOS devices;
- Aashish, expert systems designer and hacker, previously the first engineer at Pattern Research, a leading crypto HFT firm, where he designed and built the entire trading stack from scratch; graduated from MIT at age 19
Why work with us?
- You’ll work on extremely challenging problems with massive potential impact
- You’ll work with and learn from a small, exceptional team
- You’ll receive a competitive salary, along with equity
- You’ll shape the culture as an early employee and make impactful contributions from day one
- You’ll be part of a flat, results-driven organization
- Your work will be deeply impactful, enabling much cheaper and more efficient decentralized computation and ultimately paving the way for new decentralized apps that improve many people’s lives.
We think you’ll enjoy working with us, and that you’ll find the work to be extremely impactful and challenging.
Salary and benefits
Minimum full-time salary of $175,000. (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary; a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
Monad Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged paid time off; health coverage; home office equipment stipend; monthly wellness/fitness stipend; and 10 company-observed holidays.
Our team is headquartered in NYC. This is for a hybrid (3 days/week) role in NYC. Our offices are in Herald Square, Manhattan.