Director of Institutional Relations
NEAR Foundation’s Strategic Funding Team assists NEAR ecosystem projects with external funding opportunities and visibility within NEAR’s extensive VC network. You’ll work closely with the NEAR investor community to encourage further engagement with the ecosystem, supporting projects raising capital to continue the acceleration and adoption within the NEAR ecosystem.
The IR Associate will support end to end management of NEAR’s investor network. The role will involve maintaining a deep understanding of the NEAR / Web3 ecosystem, developing relationships with NEAR backers and investor network, expanding the investor network, and amplifying open ecosystem fundraises to the investor network.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop and execute a plan for proactive investor outreach for key groups of current investors
- Help manage and grow existing investor relationships to encourage further NEAR engagement
- Help develop the key messages for communication to existing and potential investors
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the NEAR ecosystem and broader Web3 industry trends
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of the NEAR Foundation and collective to ensure full understanding of the needs of the broader ecosystem
- Develop thought leadership content for investors to be included in monthly investor newsletter, blog posts, and thought pieces
- Travel and direct in-person engagement with investors will be critical in this role. Prioritized attendance and participating in conferences will be essential
- Working closely with Grants, Product, Marketing and Finance teams to build an understanding of NEAR and assist in the development of a communication strategy
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related work experience. MBA a plus
- 8 or more years working with investors in an investor relations capacity and/or working with public market investors in another capacity such as sell-side/buy-side research analyst
- Credibility with the investor community – existing strong Web3 community a big plus!
- High degree of financial literacy
- Understanding of NEAR and the NEAR ecosystem
- Ability to prioritize workload in order to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Independent thinker with the ability to execute in a high pressure role
- Outstanding communication skills
We’d Love If You Have:
- Existing, high-level relationships with major investor groups in the US and globally.
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective
NEAR is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. NEAR is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let your recruiter know during the interview process.