Finance Operations Specialist
NEAR Foundation is hiring a Finance Operations Specialist to join the team. The role of the Operational Finance Specialist encompasses both financial control and payment operations to ensure the Foundation's financial processes are streamlined, efficient, and effective.
- Assist in achieving quarterly hygiene targets for payment operations
- Support the timely and accurate execution of all payments
- Own payroll activities for NEAR Foundation employees and contractors
- Support the management of both Fiat and Token treasuries
- Assist in coordinating with external partners and audits
- Collaborate with third-party providers for reporting and compliance needs
- Contribute to strategic financial projects and tasks
- Support in planning, implementing and executing internal controls processes
- Support in tracking financial operations such as capital distributions, invoice settlements, and cash flow
- Assist in improving financial processes and procedures
- Help oversee timely tax return preparations and submissions
- Coordinate with external service providers as needed
- Prepare financial data and reports for accounting and contribute to monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting for management and the Foundation Council
- Engage in continuous learning and development opportunities within the Foundation, broadening expertise beyond the immediate role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 2+ years of experience in an operational/financial support role
- Detail-oriented with an interest in process enhancement
- Basic understanding of financial accounting, reporting, and risk management in the Swiss business environment
- Interest in the blockchain/crypto space
- Good interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Google Sheets, Slides, and Docs
- Willing to travel internationally for team offsites and/or conferences.
- Able to work with a global remote team and can be flexible to attend meetings to accommodate the global team.
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective
NEAR is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. NEAR is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let your recruiter know during the interview process.