About the Optimism Collective and Optimism Unlimited
The Optimism Collective is redefining power to elevate humanity by building a more equitable internet. Our vision for this citizen-governed network: a composable, unified constellation of blockchains that can support internet-level activity; powered by the MIT-licensed open source OP Stack.
To date, the Optimism Collective is defined by its focus on scaling Ethereum and funding public goods. We’ve processed hundreds of millions of transactions and are responsible for the largest ongoing public goods funding program in existence.
Optimism Unlimited is a subsidiary of the Optimism Foundation that focuses on supporting the growth, adoption, and governance of the Optimism Collective.
As the Executive Assistant you’ll work closely with the Executive Director and Chief Scientist Officer to strategically manage their day-to-day administrative and operational needs. You’ll contribute heavily to Optimism Unlimited's strategic priorities and collaborate frequently with other members of the the leadership team.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Provide support for the Executive Director and Chief Scientist Officer
- Contribute to Optimism Foundation's leadership meetings and off-sites by assisting with coordination, organization, production of materials, taking notes and following up on action items
- Partner with the leaders to track key project milestones as well as progress against personal, team, and company OKRs
- Establish new—and improve existing—administrative systems and processes
- Make recommendations with regard to time management, prioritization, delegation, and organization.
- Assist with ad hoc projects, events and travel arrangements as needed.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally
What skills do you bring?
- Experience interacting with all levels of staff from c-level executives to investors in a fast-paced, changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient
- Strong organizational skills, with superb attention to detail and a strong ability to execute
- Excellent time management skills and experience handling everything with a high-level of professionalism and confidentiality. You are able to quickly shift tasks and priorities as needed
- The ability to communicate, perform and react well under pressure or in ambiguous situations
- Strong project management experience with a track record of driving things to completion
- Experience optimizing processes to make them more efficient
- Experience with handling sensitive information and situations with care and confidence
- Strong emotional intelligence and the ability to establish strong and trusting relationships
- Experience working in a proactive environment with the ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of others before problems arise
- The ability to be patient, hardworking, reliable, and tenacious in an autonomous and fast-paced environment
What you'll like about us:
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.