Sr. Partnerships Manager
About the Optimism Collective and Optimism Unlimited
The Optimism Collective is redefining power to elevate humanity by building a more equitable internet. Our vision for this citizen-governed network: a composable, unified constellation of blockchains that can support internet-level activity; powered by the MIT-licensed open source OP Stack.
To date, the Optimism Collective is defined by its focus on scaling Ethereum and funding public goods. We’ve processed hundreds of millions of transactions and are responsible for the largest ongoing public goods funding program in existence.
Optimism Unlimited is a subsidiary of the Optimism Foundation that focuses on supporting the growth, adoption, and governance of the Optimism Collective.
Partner Success is a critical role for the Superchain - you’ll be working directly with the biggest and most strategic teams in our ecosystem to ensure their growth and success. You’ll be devising growth strategies, identifying opportunities, and be the closest touchpoint to the leadership team of some of the biggest names in this space. You’ll have a unique mix of partner success experience, long term and strategic thinking, as well as technical and ecosystem knowledge. After the Business Development team brings a new opportunity to the Superchain, it is the partner success team's responsibility for the growth and success of the partner. This includes advising on ecosystem launch, providing high value consultancy service, and ensuring the voice of our partners are heard by cross-functional teams like product and marketing
What are the role responsibilities?
- Develop and manage relationships with partners through high impact engagement and understanding of how Optimism can drive business value to its partners
- Ability to develop processes, systems, and playbook for partner success along with measurable metrics and goals
- Identify and manage complex initiatives to drive growth to partners in various verticals to expand Optimism’s reach
- Provide a strategic perspective to product and engineering teams, delivering critical business insights that allow us to build a better product
- Act as the voice for partners in cross-functional planning (Marketing, Product, Governance, etc.)
- Maintain knowledge of the OP Stack and our roadmap to be able to clearly communicate value and ingest feedback
What skills do you bring?
- Experience managing partnerships within the crypto space and/or high tech infrastructure industry
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to identify, pursue and close complex partnerships
- Strong passion for blockchain tech and decentralization + technical acumen
- Experience driving alignment from key internal stakeholders to support strategic decisions
- Strong passion and understanding of blockchain technologies
- Ability to present and speak in public to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Crypto native preferred
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
What you'll like about us:
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.