Senior Developer Relations Engineer (Polygon ID)
Europe · United Kingdom
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
About Polygon ID
Polygon ID is a decentralized identity toolset for Web3 - It provides the toolset to secure the chain of trust from credential issuers (sources of trust) all the way to the applications that need to verify user credentials (the holder of the credentials), all while empowering the user to control what information is shared with these apps in a privacy-preserving manner.
We are looking for a crypto native with strong knowledge of decentralized identity solutionsfor the role of Developer Relations Engineer to join our efforts to engage and drive the adoption of Polygon ID. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with developers to educate them and create a vibrant developer community around Polygon ID. You will engage with developers to help them build with Polygon ID and promote the software and related tooling, as well as work closely with other teams to ensure the success of developers building with Polygon ID. You will also work closely with product and engineering teams to provide developer feedback and help enrich the product development lifecycle by providing insights from the wider developer ecosystem. You will report to the head of Marketing and Developer Experience of Polygon ID.
Key Job Responsibilities
As part of your role you will be responsible for leading the developer relationships and education for Polygon ID and you will:
* Represent Polygon ID at both in-person and virtual events and hackathons: from crafting bounties with internal product teams; to judging cool hackathon projects; to unblocking developers who are looking to build in Web3/SSI.
* Develop educational material, technical documentation, code samples, and other resources to make it easy for developers to get started building with Polygon ID.
* World wide responsibility. You will spend part of your time traveling.
* Participate in the definition of the Developer Relationship and Developers Education strategy and execute it to achieve awareness and real adoption of Polygon ID.
Be capable of addressing both large and small audiences, catering to both experienced individuals and newcomers when speaking in public.
* Engage with developers communities and grow to new ones even beyond Web3: online (Discord, Telegram, X, etc.) and IRL.
* Bring insights from the community to the product team and work with technical writers, marketing and other functional areas to measure and deliver the best developer and user experience.
* Work with the product team to prioritize developer feedback and feature requests.
* Build collaborations with technology companies, SSI projects, Web3 protocols and other related entities to maximize the value Polygon ID delivers to developers and the wider community.
To be successful in the above you will need to be knowledgeable and passionate about digital identity, verifiable credentials, blockchain, privacy and decentralization.
A Day in the Life
Your daily routine will consist of the following:
* Organizing the entire lifecycle of a hackathon from crafting bounties with internal product teams; to judging cool hackathon projects; to unblocking developers who are looking to build in Web3/SSI.
* Making social media content on current narratives surrounding Polygon ID.
* Writing X/Twitter threads, blog posts, and articles on emerging developer technologies, internal or external.
* Recording educational videos. Speaking at events either IRL or virtually.
* Engage the developer community to inform them about new releases, upcoming product roadmap improvements. Also receive feedback on improvements and bugs from the community.
* Interact in Discord servers, TG and other channels with Developers.
* Measure success of the different actions/campaigns with the goal of achieving real adoption of Polygon ID.
About the Team
We are looking for an outgoing, optimistic and proactive person who is knowledgeable and passionate about digital identity, and is looking forward to letting the developers community know how to build with Polygon ID to help them in their endeavors. About the Polygon ID team:
* We try to keep the structure as flat as possible.
* We work remotely but meet regularly (every one/two months) IRL.
* Autonomy and proactivity is highly valued and encouraged.
* Teamwork and team trust is a must.
What you’ll need- Preferred Qualifications
* At least 3 years of experience as a software engineer shipping production-level software
* Experience in developer relations or developer advocacy.
* Proven experience and passion about Digital Identity:
Knowledgeable in SSI, DID, VC, iden3,....
Having contacts within the ecosystem: companies, communities, associations, foundations including the DIF, W3C verifiable credential working groups, Trust Over Ip and similar orgs.
* Proven experience in Web3.
Knowledge in the Ethereum ecosystem.
Having contacts within the ecosystem: companies, communities, DAOs.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
* Marketing knowledge is a plus.
* Strong understanding of blockchain technology, specifically Polygon's stack and middleware solutions.
* Experience in developing with Polygon ID.
* Having at least 10k followers on Twitter or 10k subscribers on YouTube. Ability to write technical documentation and code samples.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work with a distributed team and across time zones.
* Passion for building developer communities and helping developers succeed.
* Experience working with DAOs and decentralized governance is a plus.
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance*
Company matching 401k with 3% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
$75 Monthly internet or phone reimbursement
Flexible Time Off
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Egg freezing, mental health, and employee wellness benefits
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for employees & their dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs