Sr. DevOps Engineer
We believe that blockchains need real world data to be useful- and UMA enables any verifiable truth to be recorded on-chain, trustlessly.
Who is UMA?
We are a team aligned with the ethos of the crypto community. We believe that because UMA's optimistic oracle is the decentralized truth machine which can verify any statement proposed on the blockchain- we have the ability to truly expand what web3 is building. We are building a robust ecosystem. Our growing team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.
Where are we headed:
- We’re building foundational infrastructure for web3 and developing high quality products to showcase this.
- Our road-map is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always building.
- We’re a global team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors.
Where do you fit in?
We're looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our team. You'll have an opportunity to work across our entire Ethereum-based web3 stack on cutting-edge technology that reshapes the global financial system. If you're a servant leader who values the ability to help other people excel, this is a role for you. You'll be a heavily relied on individual by the engineering team, and the organization at large.
- Managing a growing cloud infrastructure stack on GCP
- Designing and managing permissioning systems across our cloud infrastructure and other relevant systems
- Improving and building out CD pipelines
- Managing and securing DNS
- Owning alerting systems and processes (currently based on Pagerduty)
- Manually managing much of the above responsibilities and automating them over time to allow the organization to continuously expand the scope of these activities
Skill and Qualifications
- 4+ years as a sysadmin, systems engineer, site reliability engineer, reliability engineer, or related role in a professional setting
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure, preferably GCP
- Experience with secret management
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash or Python
- Experience using, configuring, and managing custom and open source software
- Passion for automation
- UMA's pay packages include competitive salaries & substantial token options. Salaries range from $100-200K and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Philosophies for a culture that shows we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few)
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in.
1) We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
2) We value openness, honesty, and directness.
3) We value integrity.
4) We value iterative learning.
5) We value taking smart risks. We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Still want to know more?
-Our team at UMA blends a mix of highly-sought engineers, developers and community builders with a traditional finance pedigree. Our fast-growing team includes a diverse background of experiences and has drawn top tier talent. We’re a decentralized protocol governed by community members across the globe in a DAO, and supported by Risk Labs Foundation.
-We value economic freedom, integrity, and taking smart risks. You’ll succeed at UMA if you’re a self-starter, kind, adaptable, and have a nerdy curiosity to solve hard problems (and change the world).
-UMA is a remote-first international team and we support everyone to create an environment where they can do their best work. UMA teammates take the time off that they need and support each other to create an environment where they are happy, healthy, and inspired. We pride ourselves on being family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly.
-You will not get bored at UMA. The OO empowers unlimited ideas, products, services and protocols. We are constantly developing, building, experimenting and evolving.
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Risk Labs, the employing entity, is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplaces. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align- we encourage you to apply anyways. We value you taking the chance. Risk labs will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?